The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Bewildered by the facilities of Greenwich

Hello, My name is Marietta and I'm going to study event managment at Greenwich but I'm a little bit confused with the campus facilities.First of all how many facilities are they? and which one has the best life of all? I'm a social butterfly so I want to know which campus has also the best night life?

thank you!
Original post by mariettamar
Hello, My name is Marietta and I'm going to study event managment at Greenwich but I'm a little bit confused with the campus facilities.First of all how many facilities are they? and which one has the best life of all? I'm a social butterfly so I want to know which campus has also the best night life?

thank you!

Hi Marietta! :smile:

As you wish to study our BA (Hons) Events Management course, this will be held at our Greenwich campus. At our Greenwich campus we have three different accommodation; Cutty Sark, MacMillan and Daniel Defoe. Further information including fees can be found here. Our Daniel Defoe accommodation is our brand new accommodation which has a gym on the ground floor and new facilities within it!

In our Greenwich campus, we have local restaurants/food places such as Nandos, McDonalds, Subway, Wetherspoon and many more! Also, we have public transport everywhere around the campus which means getting into the city is extremely easy and quick - about 20 minutes away. We have the o2 which is close by as well! We have our SU bar (Bar Latitude) close by as well and actually our new Student space is being built at Greenwich too and Bar Latitude will be moving in there too. :u:

If you want a University centralised Student Night Life, I would recommend to stay at our Avery Hill Halls of residence as it has our University SU bar, Sparrows, close by and it tends to have various different events on. Click here to see what we have on right now!

To meet new people and getting the most out of your time being a student, you may want to consider joining clubs/societies. We have a lot of clubs/societies to choose from. Also if you feel that you would like to introduce a new society, you can set one up yourself!

If you haven't already, it may be best to come along to our Open Day as our students will be on Campus to speak to all of our visitors on the day. Also its a chance to see the accommodation and get a feel for the campus too and see if it's something you would be interested in! The next one is on Saturday, 19th of March and it will begin at 10am and finish at 3pm. You can book yourself on through the following link: www.gre.ac.uk/opendays.

Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else! We'll be more than happy to help! :h:

Tasnim
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by mariettamar

thank you!

Hi Marietta!

I am a second year events management student who is currently living on the avery hill campus. I feel like this is the most lively and social due to the student life campus feel. The campus holds a variety of facilities including a student village shop, a launderette, a gym, the dome, the SU offices and the main students union bar called Sparrows which turns into a club like venue 2 nights a week. The campus also has a free shuttle bus that runs back and forth to the Greenwich campus every hour.

There are also other accommodation types in Greenwich if you wish to be closer to the campus you will be studying at. I hear these halls are also social due to flat parties that are held weekly. Greenwich also has numerous different pubs and bars that you can choose from.

Hope this helps:smile:
Aislinn
Reply 3
Original post by aislinnlw
Hi Marietta!

I am a second year events management student who is currently living on the avery hill campus. I feel like this is the most lively and social due to the student life campus feel. The campus holds a variety of facilities including a student village shop, a launderette, a gym, the dome, the SU offices and the main students union bar called Sparrows which turns into a club like venue 2 nights a week. The campus also has a free shuttle bus that runs back and forth to the Greenwich campus every hour.

There are also other accommodation types in Greenwich if you wish to be closer to the campus you will be studying at. I hear these halls are also social due to flat parties that are held weekly. Greenwich also has numerous different pubs and bars that you can choose from.

Hope this helps:smile:
Aislinn

Thank you so much!I've desided to go to Dafoes.But thanks! Can I ask you one more think? Is the course nice and intersting? Could you please tell me a few words fo it?
Reply 4
Hey Marietta,
I am an ex student of Greenwich and also Graduated from BA Events Management 2 years ago. I would say the best campus's are mcmillan and avery hill but for lectures you might want to consider mcmillan because its closer.

If you are a "social butterfly" i suggest mcmillan as the town is right next to weatherspoons and easier to get to everything else.

hope this helps and good luck with your degree (trust me you will need it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending