The Student Room Group

40 Days Of Solid Revision and Past Papers Enough to Get 4As?

Taking Biology, Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
Aiming to finish notes by April 1st so can revise from there.
Enough time?
AS levels

Scroll to see replies

How are you faring at the moment? Mocks, etc
Reply 2
Original post by Vicky628
How are you faring at the moment? Mocks, etc

Okay ish. Parts of subjects I'm good at, parts of subjects I have no clue about
You'll be able to answer that Q in a matter of months. I personally don't see why not.
Reply 4
Original post by RayApparently
You'll be able to answer that Q in a matter of months. I personally don't see why not.

Because I think I've left it too late but thanks for the reassurance man, need to get those results
Original post by ronnydandam
Because I think I've left it too late but thanks for the reassurance man, need to get those results

Good luck. :yy:
Reply 6
Original post by RayApparently
Good luck. :yy:

It's never too late to start revising, there is no such thing. Even if someone told you it was too late, would you just go 'right that's it guess there's no point now then'? No of course you wouldn't, you just have to put in the effort so that you get the results you want, and if you do that then there is no reason you can't achieve what you want to. Best of luck
Reply 8
Original post by samb1234
It's never too late to start revising, there is no such thing. Even if someone told you it was too late, would you just go 'right that's it guess there's no point now then'? No of course you wouldn't, you just have to put in the effort so that you get the results you want, and if you do that then there is no reason you can't achieve what you want to. Best of luck

True. Thanks. Just wanted to see if my aims are realistic. Do you think it can be done? :smile:
True. Thanks. Just wanted to see if my aims are realistic. Do you think it can be done? :smile:

yes, I started at easter last year. it all comes down to how much you want to achieve your goals and what you're willing to do to get there
yes, I started at easter last year. it all comes down to how much you want to achieve your goals and what you're willing to do to get there

May I ask, how many past papers did you do for physics and maths before you felt satisified that you understood the concepts and every type of question?
Original post by Palette
May I ask, how many past papers did you do for physics and maths before you felt satisified that you understood the concepts and every type of question?

Lol I went way overboard as I was trying to get full ums in everything. Think I did every physics paper and probably like 10-15 maths papers per module, that sort of region anyway
Lol I went way overboard as I was trying to get full ums in everything. Think I did every physics paper and probably like 10-15 maths papers per module, that sort of region anyway

As I want to increase my level of attainment from a B to around 95 UMS, I may attempt the same.
Original post by Palette
As I want to increase my level of attainment from a B to around 95 UMS, I may attempt the same.

Tbh (especially for maths) it became a bit pointless after a while, as most of the papers are similar enough that i was just answering the same questions with different numbers each time
Reply 14
Taking Biology, Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
Aiming to finish notes by April 1st so can revise from there.
Enough time?
AS levels

I'd advise spending less time in making notes (or read through notes you can find online), and doing more and more questions. However, this will work well enough.

I really struggled with Biology, but I got an A simply because I cut down making detailed notes, and focused on short bullet-points that get straight to the point. Try doing questions right after finishing your notes (you can find some here as well as powerpoints).
Original post by kkboyk
I'd advise spending less time in making notes (or read through notes you can find online), and doing more and more questions. However, this will work well enough.

I really struggled with Biology, but I got an A simply because I cut down making detailed notes, and focused on short bullet-points that get straight to the point. Try doing questions right after finishing your notes (you can find some here as well as powerpoints).

Some people like myself tend to revise better from notes written in my own handwriting than from printed notes (my own notes for two of my subjects are condensed amalgamations of a revision guide and the textbook)
Reply 16
Stop procrastinating on TSR and go revise
Original post by h3110
Stop procrastinating on TSR and go revise

That is very true. I wasted hours (and days in fact) of revision time during my GCSEs as I was on exam discussion threads all the time. Luckily my grades were unharmed but that was a bit blunder nonetheless.
Reply 18
Original post by Palette
Some people like myself tend to revise better from notes written in my own handwriting than from printed notes (my own notes for two of my subjects are condensed amalgamations of a revision guide and the textbook)

Fair enough. Have you also tried YouTube?
Reply 19
Original post by kkboyk

This.

Actually applying the knowledge will get you further than trying to memorise and "understand" the theory.

You create far more connections between the material that way.

Top advice from this guy.

Quick Reply

Latest