The Student Room Group

Grade in AQA English Literature

I'm currently trying to figure out how many marks I'll need to get in my English Lit exams this summer, having achieved 38/40 (A*) in my Poetry controlled assessment. Ideally, I'm aiming to achieve an A* overall, so any responses to my question would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by CharmingCat
I'm currently trying to figure out how many marks I'll need to get in my English Lit exams this summer, having achieved 38/40 (A*) in my Poetry controlled assessment. Ideally, I'm aiming to achieve an A* overall, so any responses to my question would be greatly appreciated.

You need to remember that your poetry mark is only provisional - it may yet be changed by internal or external moderation and the raw to UMS grade boundaries have yet to be decided for this summer. That said, IF your mark is not moderated and IF the grade boundaries are the same as last year then you would get 49/50 UMS. You need 180/200 overall so you can afford to drop another 19/150 on the remaining 2 papers.
Original post by Compost
You need to remember that your poetry mark is only provisional - it may yet be changed by internal or external moderation and the raw to UMS grade boundaries have yet to be decided for this summer. That said, IF your mark is not moderated and IF the grade boundaries are the same as last year then you would get 49/50 UMS. You need 180/200 overall so you can afford to drop another 19/150 on the remaining 2 papers.

Thanks, that has really improved my confidence with two exams!

Quick Reply

Latest