The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Poll

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

As far as I'm concerned, you can be racist to anyone!

Everyone has a race, if you can offend or discriminate, you can be racist to them.

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely weird question. How can you not be racist to a white person or anyone for that matter?
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja
Absolutely weird question. How can you not be racist to a white person or anyone for that matter?

I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.
Reply 3
Original post by IAmNero
I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.

Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.

The irony being, she was a black muslim! You would think that she would be the first person for racial equality!

I have seen a few threads on TSR where people think that! It's completely insane!
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a ****wit and should be called out as one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yes of course you can, just ask Diane Abbott.
Individually - Yes

Institutionally - No.
Original post by IAmNero
The irony being, she was a black muslim! You would think that she would be the first person for racial equality!

I have seen a few threads on TSR where people think that! It's completely insane!

You should have thrown a dictionary at her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Individually - Yes

Institutionally - No.

Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?
i wouldnt find it insulting if someone called me a white (insert insult here)
because i am white :/
Reply 11
Anyone who says no doesn't understand what racism is
Reply 12
Original post by DiddyDec
You should have thrown a dictionary at her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would've but two feminist students were shouting at me about my 'white male
privileges'. You can tell I'm popular :biggrin:
Original post by shawtyb
i wouldnt find it insulting if someone called me a white (insert insult here)
because i am white :/

That's exactly the reason why people don't think you can be racist towards a white person.
Reply 14
Original post by IAmNero
I would've but two feminist students were shouting at me about my 'white male
privileges'. You can tell I'm popular :biggrin:

You should of then just said the wage gap is a myth they wouldn't know how to reply
Reply 15
Original post by goldbangles
That's exactly the reason why people don't think you can be racist towards a white person.

I'm sorry, I don't see how that isn't racism. See if I said you were brown or black, people would call me out for being racist
Original post by goldbangles

well people may be offended by being called the colour they obviously are but i just couldnt be
Reply 17
Original post by joecphillips
You should of then just said the wage gap is a myth they wouldn't know how to reply

The usual reply is 'yes it is, look it up!'.I love it becuase they cannot back it up.
Original post by IAmNero

Well that in itself is patently false. Tell them to go study a bit of European history, starting with the 1000 year Arab/North African trade in European slaves.
Gringo isn't actually an offensive term in most parts of the world, it's just a slang word, probably as offensive as calling someone a Yankee or something similar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending