The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IAmNero
The usual reply is 'yes it is, look it up!'.I love it becuase they cannot back it up.

That's better than what I have encountered they just simply go for the misogynist label for me
Reply 21
Original post by IAmNero
Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?

Original post by IAmNero
I'm sorry, I don't see how that isn't racism. See if I said you were brown or black, people would call me out for being racist

Milo would be proud
Reply 22
Original post by Greenlaner
Well that in itself is patently false. Tell them to go study a bit of European history, starting with the 1000 year Arab/North African trade in European slaves.

Well, actually there were more white slaves to muslims than blacks/asians. But the SJWs would hate for truths to be spoken.
Original post by IAmNero
I would've but two feminist students were shouting at me about my 'white male
privileges'. You can tell I'm popular :biggrin:

You should have let them bathe in your privilege.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by IAmNero
The irony being, she was a black muslim! You would think that she would be the first person for racial equality!

I have seen a few threads on TSR where people think that! It's completely insane!

I've met a lot of black people (including my own relatives) that believe they cannot be racist to a white person, simply because of the reason you've stated. What's more annoying is seeing one of them moan about their experience of racism, yet not see that they are doing the exact same thing to someone.
Reply 25
Original post by CheetahCurtis
Gringo isn't actually an offensive term in most parts of the world, it's just a slang word, probably as offensive as calling someone a Yankee or something similar.

So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!
Reply 26
Original post by difeo
Milo would be proud

I hope he would be, I've met him 3 times *fanboying*
Reply 27
Original post by joecphillips
That's better than what I have encountered they just simply go for the misogynist label for me

It's kinda saddening because the wage gap is simply a myth when you account for other factors.
Reply 28
Original post by TheArtofProtest
All things being equal, expressing a preference for a black candidate to improve diversity within a company isn't racism.

But expressing a preference over one race is racism, because you are discriminating against one race in favour of another surely?
Original post by IAmNero
So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!

No, gringo is ok because people don't use it as an offensive term
Original post by IAmNero
I'm sorry, I don't see how that isn't racism. See if I said you were brown or black, people would call me out for being racist

Racism isn't just saying something rude to someone of a different colour. It's the subscription to a mentality that they're good or bad simply because of their colour, and then you end up treating them in this way based on these ridiculous notions and fallacies. It's a hand-in-hand thing. Just saying a slur or stupid comment isn't racism. And people of colour often feel like racism that affects them is minimised. If someone said to me a racial slur I wouldn't cry racism. If they denied me entry or a job I would cry racism.
Reply 31
Original post by DiddyDec
You should have let them bathe in your privilege.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm too intelligent to argue with misandrists bigots so I couldn't be bothered to listen.
Reply 32
Original post by IAmNero
It's kinda saddening because the wage gap is simply a myth when you account for other factors.

They cannot understand people make choices
Reply 33
Original post by CheetahCurtis
No, gringo is ok because people don't use it as an offensive term

What if I don't use ****** offensively?
Reply 34
Original post by goldbangles
Racism isn't just saying something rude to someone of a different colour. It's the subscription to a mentality that they're good or bad simply because of their colour, and then you end up treating them in this way based on these ridiculous notions and fallacies. It's a hand-in-hand thing. Just saying a slur or stupid comment isn't racism. And people of colour often feel like racism that affects them is minimised. If someone said to me a racial slur I wouldn't cry racism. If they denied me entry or a job I would cry racism.

A racial slur is racist! That's why it's called a RACIAL slur!
Reply 35
Of course you can. If you discriminate and act superior to anyone due to their race alone then you are racist.
Original post by IAmNero
I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.

Person sounds like one of the most irritating as **** people I could possibly meet.
Original post by IAmNero
What if I don't use ****** offensively?

What if I use "human" offensively? Or "lawyer"? Figure it out, it's obviously. Some words are used by society to cause offensive, some aren't.
Original post by IAmNero
A racial slur is racist! That's why it's called a RACIAL slur!

Exactly. Not RACIST slur.
Reply 39
Original post by joecphillips
They cannot understand people make choices

It amazes when they also claim we need more women in STEM fields and then take women's studies! Like what?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending