The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Nottingham

Manchester - BA, Economics or could easily switch to BA, Finance
Nottingham - BSc Industrial Economics

Would the degree be more quantitative from Manchester or Nottingham?
Secondly,what degree/university from the above give me the best opportunity to do more a quanty masters degree? e.g in finance or even economics.

Any feedback is appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Bump. Wanting to know feedback from someone who had to decide between Manchester Economics L100 and Nottingham Ind. Economics
Original post by glebp

Secondly,what degree/university from the above give me the best opportunity to do more a quanty masters degree? e.g in finance or even economics.

Nottingham.

Their finance society is amazing, and so many of my friends there have landed SW seats this past year - including someone doing Industrial Econ (she got 6 SWs). That, and the beautiful campus coupled with a vibrant nightlife scene will set the stage for an immersive social experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If you love finance and maths that much, study finance.
Original post by glebp

If you want to a more quantitative masters Economics would probably be a better course.
Original post by Princepieman
Nottingham.

Their finance society is amazing, and so many of my friends there have landed SW seats this past year - including someone doing Industrial Econ (she got 6 SWs). That, and the beautiful campus coupled with a vibrant nightlife scene will set the stage for an immersive social experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay focused.

He wants to do a "quanty" Masters degree.
Original post by DrownedDeity
Stay focused.

He wants to do a "quanty" Masters degree.

You could also read his prior posts and realise he's very much interested in going into finance. Manchester's BA degree is no more 'quanty' than Nottingham's Industrial Econ degree. Both have mathematical modules baked into them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Appreciate the feedback everybody, looks like Nottingham is indeed the better option to go with..
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

This reads like an American Psycho scene:

[video="youtube;vzN3qO-qc8U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending