The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by olookhamafe
okay:
firstly, the slave masters of the white slaves were WHITE THEMSELVES so your first point is invalid
secondly, you have statistics for Asian women apparently earning more so thats a load of bs. Also, what has that got to do with racism? you don't know what race their employers are or the people paying them so sit tf down.
thirdly, if you're saying black rights group and you mean the black panthers then thats invalid as well seeing that they're disbanded and there aren't any other black rights group that support white lynch mobbing

The current black rights movement wants segregated dorms at colleges
Original post by IAmNero
Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?

No, it's not. You're mixing up positive discrimination with racism. Let's remind ourselves what racism means:

"Prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race on the belief that one's own race is superior"
Original post by IAmNero
So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!

By all definition it is an insult not slang, usage defines a word.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by Greenlaner
Not in the Arab world they weren't

Original post by DiddyDec
Never happened? See Zimbabwe for more details.

Your intellect is wasted on them.
Original post by joecphillips
The current black rights movement wants segregated dorms at colleges

does this current black rights movement have a name? you're being vague
Reply 85
Original post by Plagioclase
No, it's not. You're mixing up positive discrimination with racism. Let's remind ourselves what racism means:

"Prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race on the belief that one's own race is superior"

You just said discrimination is racism, positive discrimination simply isn't a thing!
Reply 86
Original post by olookhamafe
does this current black rights movement have a name? you're being vague

Black lives matter
Reply 87
Original post by Dinasaurus
By all definition it is an insult not slang, usage defines a word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if I use the N word in a friendly way, which I do with black friends then it isn't an insult, correct?
In the west there can't be significant racism towards white people. Because considering the glass ceiling (the eventual success of white men in the professional/corporate world) there is no opportunity for a person of colour especially black to be able to say "no" to a white person.

Ok Black people are criminals.

Not a racist statement just prejudice so therefore is that statement acceptable?

When did I say prejudice is okay?
I do mean to say that a statement like that is foolish and you will get persecuted/done by society
Racism you will get prosecuted/done by the law.

Sheer difference. People conveniently misinterpret.
Original post by IAmNero
You just said discrimination is racism, positive discrimination simply isn't a thing!

Could you please read my response rather than reading what you want to read?
Reply 90
Black lives matter

My favourite racist movement :wink:
Original post by Greenlaner
Not in the Arab world they weren't

the thing is though, they enslaved them for mostly religious reasons not because they had lighter skin than them 'therefore making them inferior'
Reply 92
Could you please read my response rather than reading what you want to read?

I did read it

Could you please accept that my response is perfectly valid?

Positive discrimination is still racial discrimination.
Original post by IAmNero
Incorrect, White slaves were owned by Arab muslims.

Clearly you have never read the news.

Wind your neck back in.

Look at your crummy little chart lol

Firstly that's from US, and it's from 2004, economic trends always vary over the years. Who's also to say it's credible source. You just googled and pasted the first chart you saw, huh? You are an embarrassment to any chance that your statements could be valid.
Black lives matter

i believe black lives matter so do thousands of other black people but did all of those thousands of people say they wanted segregated dorms? did you ask those 1000+ people?
Original post by DiddyDec
Positive discrimination is still racial discrimination.

Sure, for justified reasons. It's not racism.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Individually - Yes

Institutionally - No.

Basically this
Reply 98
Original post by TheArtofProtest
If you prefer a white person over a black person because you think that your firm would operate more cohesively, then that is racism.

If you prefer a black person over a white person because you think that you have too less black people, then that is not racism.

Last thing I'm gonna say and if you don't understand then you're hopeless.

"If you prefer a white person over a black person because..." Doesn't matter = racial discrimination

"If you prefer a black person over a white person because..." Doesn't matter = racial discrimination

I'm being hypothetical with my talk of preference for white people for the sake of 'uniformity'. Unfortunately and immorally that isn't the case with preference for black people for the sake of 'diversity'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IAmNero
I regularly do use it around my black friends, and equally they call me racial slurs.

I think you know very little about the real world or real equality. How's Tumblr treating you?

Your black friends arent black at all. If you were around my friends, you wouldnt even be on tsr atm :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending