The Student Room Group

Can you ever see yourself "settling down" and having kids?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrokenLife
Thank you so much. :smile:Much respect.:h:
no problem gorgeous :h:and thank you, means a lot as you know :hugs:

Original post by Eternalflames
Who are you?
Are we friends/spoken before at least once? :biggrin:

CC, i would come off anon but it all gets a bit complicated if i have 'i crush on this girl..' in my post history incase stalkers inrl...
anyways yes i think we are friends and yes we have spoken before :yes:
Well, this thread has turned decidedly unfriendly. :erm:
Original post by Anonymous

CC, i would come off anon but it all gets a bit complicated if i have 'i crush on this girl..' in my post history incase stalkers inrl...

Is this FS?
(i.e the dupe?)

Or are you a guy??
Is this FS?
(i.e the dupe?)

Or are you a guy??

FS?? no it is Cavy.... i'll pm you proof if you want...
no.
guys aren't the only people who fancy girls lol :redface:

No worries. :smile: :h:

Original post by Hydeman

Certainly not what I intended. I'm not the kind of person who have issues of extreme jealousy to the extent that I go anon and show no respect for the girl that my crush likes. I'm not afraid to say that I'm a very classy lady and I like to maintain my standards as they are.
FS?? no it is Cavy.... i'll pm you proof if you want...
no.
guys aren't the only people who fancy girls lol :redface:

Oh okay, haha
I thought it was when you put CC, but I wasn't sure lol
not sure if tsr crushes/crushers are serious or trolling!
Original post by Hydeman

Well if someone wants to live in dreamland then that's not my problem :laugh:

I'm a realist and just saying it how it is :yep:
To answer your question I honestly don't know. I think the term ''settling down'' sounds like people just making a comfort zone for themselves..for the rest of their life.

a wise man once said “Comfort zones are deadly zones because you lose your true potential of what you can be, you start going with the status quo.”
Yeah but they'll never actually be "together" so.....

Have we spoken before?
You sound really jealous about it, instead of saying it to Noori, why don't you cry in front of Indeter and show him how much better you are for him and how you much more care for him??

I don't think you can replace her since they've known each other for a long time and care about each other a lot. You're going to have to top that to take him, which I don't think you can ever do
And going anon is so pathetic, just ****ing tell everyone who you are, you coward.

Get off anon and declare your love for him right now, if you think you're better than Noori.
At least she has the guts to tell everyone she loves him.
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: in due time.

If you don't man up i'll steal her
Attachment not found

That is my boy and he is the reason I do everything. I used to work for BlackBerry. I used to get sent all over the world. Now, I'm becoming a teacher in the midlands so that he can have a Dad who is always there. I'm going to do work placement at Disney World in the US so that he can have a chance to see the Magic Kingdom.

Nobody can honestly know just how great being a Dad(Or Mother) is until they hold their child in their arms. Knowing you have to protect them, care for them and place them first is the greatest gift you can ever have. And no matter what your life was before, you owe it to them to let them know they are safe and loved.

So yes - I could see myself settling down and am planning for it.
Reply 172
Original post by jblackmoustache
As I'm in my late 20s I get this question all the time.

I just can't imagine settling down and having kids like everyone I know is. It's like everyone has gone from having mad nights out to dinner parties and wedding parties. So many weddings coming up.
I just wouldn't be able to stand having my own kids and the everything else that comes with settling down. Living with a partner, living in suburbia, having to get a babysitter everytime I go out, having to make plans when school is out, having to put up with bad behaviour, the financial strain, etc.
Of course it takes two as well and i'm pretty much single pringle who is crap with women and a poor postgrad, but even if I fell in love with a girl I don't think I could settle down. There's just so much to do and so much to see and so much I want to achieve. When kids come into the mix and a wife/long term partner your life is no longer just yours?

Anyone else feel like Peter Pan atm?

Unfortunately yes I would settle down as soon as I've done 1 year in my dream job and pop those babies out of the oven as soon as I can
Original post by whorace
If you don't man up i'll steal her

You know who she is? :tongue:
Well if someone wants to live in dreamland then that's not my problem :laugh:

I'm a realist and just saying it how it is :yep:

It's better to live in dreamland than bitter insecure jealous land with you.

I know indeterminate and broken life separately and was friends with them BEFORE indeterlife and honestly indeterminate is one of the most insightful and intelligent people I've ever interacted with - he will know and spot someone like you who thinks your 'dark' side is hidden beneath the veneer of your sickly sweet faux 'what me' innocence.

I would give up on trying for him and/or baiting BL about this.

Oh and people would probably see a different side to you if your anon posts were identified as you. :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
You know who she is? :tongue:

Nah but i'm guessing a thorough search of your post history will show interesting revelations. If not i'll just have to get every girls number on TSR
. I'd like to settle down, have a nice house, pets, a good job, but not have kids.

I know I'm only 21, but I've been set on this for years. It seriously bugs the hell out me when people say "You'll change your mind, you're only 21". NO. I know what I want.

Plus, I have bad health issues at the moment that don't look to be improving over the next few years. I can't even look after myself let alone another person.
Original post by LadyEcliptic
. I'd like to settle down, have a nice house, pets, a good job, but not have kids.

I know I'm only 21, but I've been set on this for years. It seriously bugs the hell out me when people say "You'll change your mind, you're only 21". NO. I know what I want.

Plus, I have bad health issues at the moment that don't look to be improving over the next few years. I can't even look after myself let alone another person.

^^^^ this, bugs me hugely too,
well said :hugs: xx
Have we spoken before?
You sound really jealous about it, instead of saying it to Noori, why don't you cry in front of Indeter and show him how much better you are for him and how you much more care for him??

I don't think you can replace her since they've known each other for a long time and care about each other a lot. You're going to have to top that to take him, which I don't think you can ever do
And going anon is so pathetic, just ****ing tell everyone who you are, you coward.

Get off anon and declare your love for him right now, if you think you're better than Noori.
At least she has the guts to tell everyone she loves him.

We have spoken before :yep:

Only he needs to know (and he will once this silly little TSR fling fizzles out ) :h:
Original post by Ethereal World
LMAO I'm dying. :toofunny:

I really wish that wasn't funny and I could pretend to be triggered by the objectification but it is.

Who is cuter- me or my kitty?

That is actually a really tough question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending