The Student Room Group

I swear AS Maths compared to other AS subjects is easy

I find AS Maths easy compared to things like chemistry and physics.
IS it just me or are these subjects all difficult? For example chemistry you have remember a ton of stuff for it, like bond angles enthaply changes stuff and mass spectrometer things whereas maths has like 10 topics(C2) and all you have to do is learn how to do that topic and you're fine.

Scroll to see replies

lol I took 4AS subjects...3 sciences and maths and everyone in my class taking the same subjects, or even a different combination agree...that AS maths is easy 😂
yep no essays
And then there's me. Incompetent at everything.
Depends on whether you like maths, whether you have a natural ability for it etc. For some people it may be very easy, for other it's not really how their brain works :tongue:
I think that too, even at A2

I've found that that I 'click' easily with Maths, Chemistry comes to me smoothly and Biology is just something I really enjoy. Biology can be a bit crappy with exam questions and mark schemes though
AS Maths is a massive joke. A2 Maths is a little step up. AEA is difficult though. I found philosophy harder than maths because writing/arguing isn't my strong point; i'm more quantitative-minded.
Same maths is very easy as it's just practice some exam questions are tricky though but compared to other subjects it's one of my most easiest subjects to revise for love it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
this gives me hope
It's certainly a bit too easy for my liking :yep:

We'll never catch up with the likes of China at this rate :redface:
Reply 10
Depends on the person, but I used to struggle in Maths compared to other subjects until everything clicked. Now I suck at everything else other than A-level Maths :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15
lol I took 4AS subjects...3 sciences and maths and everyone in my class taking the same subjects, or even a different combination agree...that AS maths is easy 😂

lol i'm taking maths, chemistry , physics and philosophy

Original post by The Genghis Khan
yep no essays

philosophy kills me
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
And then there's me. Incompetent at everything.

just like i am at physics xD
Original post by SeanFM
Depends on whether you like maths, whether you have a natural ability for it etc. For some people it may be very easy, for other it's not really how their brain works :tongue:

Meh i guess i'm slightly better at maths than most
Original post by Serine Soul
I think that too, even at A2

I've found that that I 'click' easily with Maths, Chemistry comes to me smoothly and Biology is just something I really enjoy. Biology can be a bit crappy with exam questions and mark schemes though

I really can't do physics like seriously, when my grades came in they told me the harder i worked the worse i did, since i have 2 physics teachers i get 2 separate grades from each of them.

oh ok... i can argue if feel really strongly, but generally i want to argue against others and show them they're wrong. I really can't provide my own arguments and refutes because they're just not as good as other opinions fresh out of other ppls mouths plus i might have forgotten to mention something
I thought that as well when I was doing AS Maths, but I think maths is just something I have a sort of natural ability for. However don't get complacent! You still need to revise to do well :-) Obviously.
Original post by Indeterminate
It's certainly a bit too easy for my liking :yep:

We'll never catch up with the likes of China at this rate :redface:

To be fair though, look at all the Chinese (and other east Asian countries) flocking to the UK and US for higher education :dontknow:
I want to say yes it's ridiculously easy but I fear that'd curse me for the exams!

BTW, if you're reading this and find AS maths really hard, just remember that users on TSR are on average going to be more motivated and intelligent than the average AS maths student who just plods along through the course.
Original post by Student403
To be fair though, look at all the Chinese (and other east Asian countries) flocking to the UK and US for higher education :dontknow:

check out this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM

I love Michio! This gon be gud :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by thefatone
I find AS Maths easy compared to things like chemistry and physics.
IS it just me or are these subjects all difficult? For example chemistry you have remember a ton of stuff for it, like bond angles enthaply changes stuff and mass spectrometer things whereas maths has like 10 topics(C2) and all you have to do is learn how to do that topic and you're fine.

Agreed. It was even easier for me since I did an FMSQ that basically covered almost all of C3 and parts of C4. I did one past paper for C1/2. Flopped the exam due to extenuating circumstances and ended up with not-amazing UMS.
Reply 18
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Agreed. It was even easier for me since I did an FMSQ that basically covered almost all of C3 and parts of C4. I did one past paper for C1/2. Flopped the exam due to extenuating circumstances and ended up with not-amazing UMS.

lol
Original post by Student403

True :biggrin:

I think that might be more to do with career prospects, though :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest