The Student Room Group

OMG NO! Losing hair D: south asian girls is this a HUGE turn off??

*sigh* I'm only early twenties and losing my damn hair. Like its only receded right now, so if anything my forehead just looks bigger, but its getting worse!

My personal experience with asian girls has been that they've been shallow and judgemental (I know there are good ones out there, I've been so unlucky :redface:)

So to you south asian girls. Would a balding guy or receded hairline put you off a guy? Like I would say I'm average looking probably, nothing special, but I know how to make a girl laugh and am very well liked by people.

Its annoying because, all my life I never bothered getting a girlfriend, and now that I'm older, getting better looking facially, better body etc. I'm losing my hair! No I'm not saying I desperately want a gf, but I'd like to start meeting girls whom I can settle down with in the future :frown:

(omg, sorry for the long post :colondollar:)

(girls of other races are free to comment too :smile:)

Scroll to see replies

are u indian?
Original post by Anonymous
*sigh* I'm only early twenties and losing my damn hair. Like its only receded right now, so if anything my forehead just looks bigger, but its getting worse!

My personal experience with asian girls has been that they've been shallow and judgemental (I know there are good ones out there, I've been so unlucky :redface:)

So to you south asian girls. Would a balding guy or receded hairline put you off a guy? Like I would say I'm average looking probably, nothing special, but I know how to make a girl laugh and am very well liked by people.

Its annoying because, all my life I never bothered getting a girlfriend, and now that I'm older, getting better looking facially, better body etc. I'm losing my hair! No I'm not saying I desperately want a gf, but I'd like to start meeting girls whom I can settle down with in the future :frown:

bald is sexy lol
Ask Wayne Rooney for help on choosing a hair transplant clinic

1. Are u indian? Pakistani? (Curious :tongue:)
2. I dont mind less hair on a guy, so long as he looks decent :h:

Also i think you can get like sprays from M&S that kinda fill in the gaps where there is hair loss.
My uncle is 30 now and hes bald and when his hair was falling out he did go to pakistan to try and get a treatment done but it didnt work and now hes bald. Altho bald suits him :h:
Why are you targeting an ethnic group when it comes to potential mates? :lol:
Well what I've found is some guys look more attractive with a bold shiny head.:tongue:

It gives that shine to their complexion
Original post by Mayhem™

Because most South Asian cultures are fairly similar, so for someone who follows their culture closely it's a way of increasing the chances of compatibility. You're a smart lad, I'm surprised to see you asking such a question.
Original post by Outta Morocca
Well what I've found is some guys look more attractive with a bold shiny head.:tongue:

It gives that shine to their complexion

That glowing oestrogen skin

OP check out Propecia if you are really worried about losing it, supposed to be quite good at slowing down hair loss and some people claim it has worked for 10+ years. I know how it feels losing your hair at a young age, I feel you man. :frown:
Original post by Zargabaath
Because most South Asian cultures are fairly similar, so for someone who follows their culture closely it's a way of increasing the chances of compatibility. You're a smart lad, I'm surprised to see you asking such a question.

I don't get it though; I'm white (or slightly tanned, it's arguable), and I wouldn't be targeting Caucasian females only, since that would decrease my chances and therefore makes it illogical to do so.
Original post by Mayhem™
I don't get it though; I'm white (or slightly tanned, it's arguable), and I wouldn't be targeting Caucasian females only, since that would decrease my chances and therefore makes it illogical to do so.

But not everyone's dating preferences follow your own, for some people the same race/culture is essential for a relationship. In many cases more important then physical attraction. It depends on what you're looking for out of a marriage.
Original post by Zargabaath
But not everyone's dating preferences follow your own, for some people the same race/culture is essential for a relationship. In many cases more important then physical attraction. It depends on what you're looking for out of a marriage.

I see; this is very strange and new to me, but thanks for telling me why it's the case :smile:
Original post by DesiGirl31
1. Are u indian? Pakistani? (Curious :tongue:)
2. I dont mind less hair on a guy, so long as he looks decent :h:

Also i think you can get like sprays from M&S that kinda fill in the gaps where there is hair loss.
My uncle is 30 now and hes bald and when his hair was falling out he did go to pakistan to try and get a treatment done but it didnt work and now hes bald. Altho bald suits him :h:

Oh well thats a relief, I just dont know how girls would feel to balding hair :frown:

I've decided I don't want to fight it, like if I'm going bald then so be it. But I just want to know how people feel about it

Original post by SAhm95
are u indian?

I'm south asian, that's all I'll disclose :tongue:

Original post by KingKoala
OP check out Propecia if you are really worried about losing it, supposed to be quite good at slowing down hair loss and some people claim it has worked for 10+ years. I know how it feels losing your hair at a young age, I feel you man. :frown:

I've looked into it, but apperently its pricey and once you stop using it you lose the hair anyway quickly.

I just hope I can look good bald. Might have to start putting on muscle to pull off the bald tough guy look :tongue:
Original post by Mayhem™

Like the other guy said, culture but also religion as well. I'm thinking more about serious long term relationships :smile:
What bout FouseyTube, although he ain't South Asian.
Like the other guy said, culture but also religion as well. I'm thinking more about serious long term relationships :smile:

yeah Zarga summed it up; never thought this was a thing before
Not for me

Don't really look at a guys hair to decide whether I like them or not
I've looked into it, but apperently its pricey and once you stop using it you lose the hair anyway quickly.

I just hope I can look good bald. Might have to start putting on muscle to pull off the bald tough guy look :tongue:

Ah well good luck to you, I'm sure you will be fine.
Bump :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest