The Student Room Group

Final Year Medical Student (2 weeks remaining) - AMA

Revising for finals, bored the **** out of!
A levels permitting I'm heading off to med school next September, any tips or things you wish you knew for a medical fresher?
Reply 2
Original post by Herodotapede
A levels permitting I'm heading off to med school next September, any tips or things you wish you knew for a medical fresher?

Don't do it, its not worth it!

Go do something nice like Dentistry or Law or Pilot or something nice like that.
Original post by InMemoryOf
Don't do it, its not worth it!

Go do something nice like Dentistry or Law or Pilot or something nice like that.

Bit late now m8 I'm sure it will be jokes
Reply 4
Original post by Herodotapede
Bit late now m8 I'm sure it will be jokes

Good luck :biggrin:
What are the exams like?
Reply 6
Original post by Ladymusiclover
What are the exams like?

They make you cry.
Are you ready to be shafted as an F1? I feel sorry for you.
Revising for finals, bored the **** out of!

how many of your initial cohort dropped out/were kicked out by final year? would you recommend medicine still knowing the current state of the nhs?
They make you cry.

Good luck!!!!
Reply 10
Original post by welcometoib
how many of your initial cohort dropped out/were kicked out by final year? would you recommend medicine still knowing the current state of the nhs?

No I wouldn't study it again, its not worth it.

Original post by Misogynist
Are you ready to be shafted as an F1? I feel sorry for you.

No :frown:
No I wouldn't study it again, its not worth it.

No :frown:

Well, hold on to your trousers then big boy because you're going for a ride. I would hate to be a FY(x) in this day and age.
Was there a lot of maths? Are the students stuck up? How much support do you get? What uni are you in? Which combination do you think is better: chem, bio, english lit and spanish or chem, bio, english lit and maths (AS)? I don't really like maths that much, acc I don't know how I feel about it, I like it when it's applied in other sciences, not pure.

Quick Reply

Latest