The Student Room Group

How can I get her to get an abortion?

Scroll to see replies

To be honest mate its upto her if she wants an abortion you cant force her, if she wants to keep let her.
Original post by Anonymous
Are you ****ing stupid? Leaving the girl with all the problems due to partially his (or completely his) mistake?

I hope you never get a partner. People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

How could it possibly be completely his mistake? I'm assuming due to the girl being pregnant she must have to some extent have been involved.
Original post by Dheorl
How could it possibly be completely his mistake? I'm assuming due to the girl being pregnant she must have to some extent have been involved.

I don't know the complete scenario, hence the brackets. Who knows what it was really like?
I don't know the complete scenario, hence the brackets. Who knows what it was really like?

But why did you even mention it as a possibility?
Reply 124
Original post by debs20153
So should she there a a number of morning after pills and the like why did she not take the neccesary precaution. Why is it him who has to make sure everythings OK she should take responsibility and if she wants the baby the guy shouldnt have to be affected by the choice. As they are equally at fault for not protecting themselves or preventing a child

He claims that she was on birth control. If she has doubts about whether she wants to keep it or not, then she's not going to take the morning after pill whilst uncertain. Also, if neither of them expected her to become pregnant, why would she have been convinced in the immediate aftermath to take the morning after pill?

They are equally at fault, but they don't get to play an equal part in decision-making since they don't play an equal part in nurturing a foetus. It's not a matter of whether this should be the case; it is the case, and nothing you can do will change it. That is the risk you accept when you decide to have sexual intercourse.
Why doesn't she want an abortion? Does she know how much of an impact on your lives it is going to be? She will probably not get a good education if she goes through with it. It sucks that you can't leave parenthood if you are a male and even if you don't want anything to do with the baby you would have to pay for it.
If you take the pill it doesn't always work if you miss a day, or a few days (obviously) or if you are unwell and have to take antibiotics. just saying for those who didn't know.
Original post by Dheorl
But why did you even mention it as a possibility?

Because it is a possibility :smile:
Original post by Blondie987
You can't. And trying to do so is unfair, selfish and completely wrong. You can tell her how you feel and ask her to consider it but at the end of the day, if she wants to have the baby, it's entirely up to her and you need to be there for her. Speak to a professional about your options and maybe consider adoption of you don't feel ready to raise a child.

This is absolutely correct and strongly agree on this. I would like to tell you that prior doing things which you are not sure of, think that first on a hundred times and not doing it right away. Always consider what will happen moving forward, Thanks
Because it is a possibility :smile:

So he had sex with himself, she wasn't involved at all but she got pregnant from it?
Original post by Dheorl
So he had sex with himself, she wasn't involved at all but she got pregnant from it?

Obviously not lol. Who knows if he just couldn't be bothered to wear a condom? Or pressured her into it? Like I said I don't know the scenario lol don't dwell so deep into what I said.
Obviously not lol. Who knows if he just couldn't be bothered to wear a condom? Or pressured her into it? Like I said I don't know the scenario lol don't dwell so deep into what I said.

Then it's still at least partially her fault for not making him or for saying yes when she knew she should have said no. Sorry, but unless he raped her then what you said isn't possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending