The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inks39
I know you were asking whether anykone actually did hear back, but when I went to the RGU interview on Tuesday I was told to hear back end of March/beginning of April roughly

Thanks! 😊
4 rejections and just received my offer from York St. John's! So happy!
Hi,

I'm in year one of physio at University of Birmingham, and if anyone wants to know more about the course / university please do feel free to message me. It's a fantastic course, and if any of you end up studying there in the autumn I'm sure you'll love it!

:smile: x
Reply 1823
Original post by GeoKees
4 rejections and just received my offer from York St. John's! So happy!

Well Done! I'm on hold for York SJ got email on Wednesday but not heard anything since, my interview was 5 weeks ago.
Reply 1824
Original post by liza_123
Hi,

I'm in year one of physio at University of Birmingham, and if anyone wants to know more about the course / university please do feel free to message me. It's a fantastic course, and if any of you end up studying there in the autumn I'm sure you'll love it!

:smile: x

Hi , I've got an offer from Birmingham, I just wondered how long you spend each day in the physio department.
Original post by itsnev
Is anyone else not doing very will with getting offers?

1 offer for physio
1 offer for sport and exercise science
4 rejections from physio
thats how i did
Original post by Rory_M_
1 offer for physio
1 offer for sport and exercise science
4 rejections from physio
thats how i did

Thats the same as me, Where are your offers?
Original post by Toile
Well Done! I'm on hold for York SJ got email on Wednesday but not heard anything since, my interview was 5 weeks ago.

Fingers crossed you hear soon, the waiting is the worst part! I had my interview last week and was on the last day so quite lucky as I didn't have to wait very long at all.
Original post by Toile
Hi , I've got an offer from Birmingham, I just wondered how long you spend each day in the physio department.

If I'm honest it really varies. In semester 1 the course is very full on, and you could spend up to 7 hours or so a day in lectures, practicals or seminars. The longest practical I had in semester 1 was 3 hours (don't worry they give you breaks). However, the semester 2 is a lot lighter after January exams, and you may only spend 1 hour a day in, or up to 5. Across the course, you could have perhaps no lectures on some days and then loads on another, it all depends on the timetabling (which is done centrally). Contact hours per week are usually between 15 and 22 roughly :smile:
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from St George's pre-interview? I've been on hold since applying in Dec and it seems kinda late not to have heard anything yet. Also, anyone know how many places are available via UCAS extra?

So far, I have rejections from Cardiff, King's and Plymouth (without interviews) and rejection from Hertfordshire post-interview.
Original post by Changley
Thats the same as me, Where are your offers?

1 physio offer at Keele which I firmed.
1 S&E science at Birmingham which I didn't bother putting as my insurance.
Original post by moonandstars
Well that's another week gone by and nothing from Cardiff ! Just want to be put out of my misery I'm refreshing my emails 24/7 in work. Anyone heard anything??

Exactly the same as me! Checking my emails almost every hour.. Not one thing! Maybe next week, haha 😁
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I agree. I'm a mature student. I had 4 interviews. 1 rejection before interview. 2 rejections after interview, one I had to decline. One offer. I've not met one person who's had 5 or even 3/4 offers - mature or not. Physio is massively competitive and this year it's even more so.

Mature Student here currently doing an Access Course
3 offers
1 rejection w/o interview
1 - waiting post interview

Idk but I think it's how people have been doing their personal statement, all of the open days that I've been to mentioned that most errors are that applicants only lists things and not put any reflection in it. Also, not because someone has straight A's means that they will get offered interviews straight away. I believe that on interviews is mixed with luck.
Original post by msiapt
Mature Student here currently doing an Access Course
3 offers
1 rejection w/o interview
1 - waiting post interview

Idk but I think it's how people have been doing their personal statement, all of the open days that I've been to mentioned that most errors are that applicants only lists things and not put any reflection in it. Also, not because someone has straight A's means that they will get offered interviews straight away. I believe that on interviews is mixed with luck.

Another thing is that this year is the final year of NHS funding for physio so anyone who would have considered taking a gap year then applying would have just gone straight for uni hence causing hundreds more applicants and increasing the competition even more than before...
I've had 3 rejections from Kings, Nottingham and Brighton and 2 post-interview rejections from Brunel and Hertfordshire-

I guess I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same boat?

As much as I want to be a physio I suppose the feedback shows it might not be for me.

Should I consider changing to S&E? I was told it's harder to build a career doing S&E science.

Any answers would be nice, hope you're all doing well with offers :smile:
Original post by Annaaix_
I've had 3 rejections from Kings, Nottingham and Brighton and 2 post-interview rejections from Brunel and Hertfordshire-

As much as I want to be a physio I suppose the feedback shows it might not be for me.

Should I consider changing to S&E? I was told it's harder to build a career doing S&E science.

Sorry to hear about your rejections! In my opinion i would avoid sports science at all costs. Very limited in terms of job prospects, and only slightly relatable to the physiotherapy profession.

I would recommend looking in to sport rehabilitation. Essentially just an msk physiotherapy degree. Better job prospects (private clinics, sports teams, self employed etc), and if you wish to transition to physiotherapy you could always do a pre - reg masters, as you would already be equipped with a lot of baseline knowledge required to be successful in it.

Hope this helps!
Reply 1836
Original post by Annaaix_

Don't be put off, if it's what you want to do don't give up. This year will be known as the hardest year ever to get a Physio offer. Try all avenues like Ucas extra and clearing and use the experience you've acquired from your interviews.Choosing something you really don't want to do could be an expensive mistake. Failing all that, take a year out and get more experience to guarantee a place next year.
Original post by GeoKees
Anyone just heard from York SJ

Yes! Got an unconditional offer :biggrin:
Roughly how many weeks is the physiotherapy degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, could anyone who has had a Birmingham interview let me know what its like? I have no offers as of yet and so am worrying about this one as could be my last shot. Obviously I know you cannot tell all details but any info on the structure of the day and what the individual task is like would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending