The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone book a room for Filbert Village ??
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I've just booked a room in Newarke Point on the sixth floor in block E 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hey Shazam,

Have you had chance to come see our Studios at Grosvenor: https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cities/leicester/grosvenor-house :smile:

what is the contract length for the studios?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
what is the contract length for the studios?

Hey Shazam,

We have brand new Mini Studios on 43 weeks & 51 weeks. Our normal studios are 51 weeks only.
Reply 164
Original post by Aishababyy
Did anyone book a room for Filbert Village ??

I did 🙋🏾
Original post by AyoFale
I did 🙋🏾

Yeah block c!
Original post by AyoFale
I did 🙋🏾

Heyy, what Block? Im in Block D
Original post by melody143
Yeah block c!

Im in Block D! ☺️
Im in Block D! ☺️

So excited what are you studying?
Im studying Health Studies, you?
Im studying Health Studies, you?

History and international relations...did u get a move in date?
Thats good! And i just got told that my contract starts on the 23rd of September
Thats good! And i just got told that my contract starts on the 23rd of September

Same reckon that's the same for everyone?
Yeahh i guess so loool ☺️
Reply 174
Heyy, what Block? Im in Block D

Omg same !!!
Yaaaay, im in flat 95 fifth floor, you?
Reply 176
Yaaaay, im in flat 95 fifth floor, you?

Flat 83 3rd floor
Original post by cherryred90s
You don't know what you're talking about. Everyone wants to go to the best possible uni for their course.

That isn't true, I looked at the league tables for my course (Creative Writing and Film Studies) and DMU came up as 62nd for Creative Writing and 33rd for Film Studies. Uni of Leicester was higher in the league as was other universities that I went to open days for (Roehampton, Bedfordshire, Northampton and UEA), but I still chose DMU.

I chose DMU on my experience of when I went on an open day as I felt welcomed and I could also see myself enjoying my uni life there and I didn't care if DMU wasn't the best at the subject I was applying for as I know I will still gain what I want to learn for later in life.

Most of the time more people go to university for the entire experience, not just the rankings in the national league tables.

If I chose to go to Northampton for my subject because it was higher than DMU on the league tables I wouldn't enjoy my uni life and I would want to drop out as I had gone to the open day and instantly hated it.

Like I said, it isn't based on the uni being the best in the course you want to study as that would mean most people would try to apply for Cambridge, which is impossible for everyone to get into due to the high offers that they give out to applicants.
Original post by ashleighjane98
That isn't true, I looked at the league tables for my course (Creative Writing and Film Studies) and DMU came up as 62nd for Creative Writing and 33rd for Film Studies. Uni of Leicester was higher in the league as was other universities that I went to open days for (Roehampton, Bedfordshire, Northampton and UEA), but I still chose DMU.

I chose DMU on my experience of when I went on an open day as I felt welcomed and I could also see myself enjoying my uni life there and I didn't care if DMU wasn't the best at the subject I was applying for as I know I will still gain what I want to learn for later in life.

Most of the time more people go to university for the entire experience, not just the rankings in the national league tables.

If I chose to go to Northampton for my subject because it was higher than DMU on the league tables I wouldn't enjoy my uni life and I would want to drop out as I had gone to the open day and instantly hated it.

Like I said, it isn't based on the uni being the best in the course you want to study as that would mean most people would try to apply for Cambridge, which is impossible for everyone to get into due to the high offers that they give out to applicants.

If you don't care about rankings, why did you look them up in the league tables?
Going to a better university doesn't mean your experience won't be good.
I imagine that most people would apply to Cambridge if they had the grades.
Original post by sammiilogical
If you can't get Victoria halls, Grosvenor house is very similar! And it's what I'm choosing as a personal preference :h:

Damn, I wish I'd checked TSR before booking. All the Victoria Halls rooms were fully booked by the time I got to booking, so ended up going for Filbert Village Hall. :smile:
Anyone else in the mixed gender building?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending