The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl?! HELP

So I met this girl on Monday at uni and she's awesome
She added me on Facebook when she left and I then asked for get number, we've been talking like everyday since Monday, from the messages she's sent me I think that she also likes me but I can't tell

But yesterday I sent her a message asking her if she wanted to go out for lunch on Whatsapp but she hasn't replied, and she hasn't seen the message yet as the ticks are still grey

I should add that when we talk she usually messages me at night, she had a deadline this week so she's had her phone off during the day

Now she hasn't replied, what should I do? And I can't really bump into her at uni, we're on different courses :frown:

Somebody help me and sorry for the long post

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
So I met this girl on Monday at uni and she's awesome
She added me on Facebook when she left and I then asked for get number, we've been talking like everyday since Monday, from the messages she's sent me I think that she also likes me but I can't tell

But yesterday I sent her a message asking her if she wanted to go out for lunch on Whatsapp but she hasn't replied, and she hasn't seen the message yet as the ticks are still grey

I should add that when we talk she usually messages me at night, she had a deadline this week so she's had her phone off during the day

Now she hasn't replied, what should I do? And I can't really bump into her at uni, we're on different courses :frown:

Somebody help me and sorry for the long post

Thank you

Don't want to crush your hopes, but she's probably not opened the message on purpose(you can still see from the main pull down menu of a phone, at least for androids). This could mean that she's not interested or is awkward about it :redface:.
Chill out! If she hasn't seen your message, she isn't ignoring you, she's probably just busy. I don't reply to my phone for days at a time sometimes, even if someone really close to me has texted - I just get distracted. It doesn't mean I don't care. Particularly if I've got a deadline or important stuff on.

If you act too 'bothered' at this early stage it'll likely put her off anyway - just play it cool, don't send any more messages for a while, and if you haven't heard anything in a while just send something casual like 'how's you?'

She's not given you any real signs that she's not interested, so I don't think you should be too worried yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Mayhem™
Don't want to crush your hopes, but she's probably not opened the message on purpose(you can still see from the main pull down menu of a phone, at least for androids). This could mean that she's not interested or is awkward about it :redface:.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, i though the same thing but wouldn't it be easier to say no or I'm not interested instead of just leaving it open like this
Yeah I get where you're coming from, i though the same thing but wouldn't it be easier to say no or I'm not interested instead of just leaving it open like this

Some people would feel bad if they did that, so they hide the issue and pretend that they have nothing to do
Reply 5
Original post by EllyJelly
Chill out! If she hasn't seen your message, she isn't ignoring you, she's probably just busy. I don't reply to my phone for days at a time sometimes, even if someone really close to me has texted - I just get distracted. It doesn't mean I don't care. Particularly if I've got a deadline or important stuff on.

If you act too 'bothered' at this early stage it'll likely put her off anyway - just play it cool, don't send any more messages for a while, and if you haven't heard anything in a while just send something casual like 'how's you?'

She's not given you any real signs that she's not interested, so I don't think you should be too worried yet.

Cheers for the advice :smile: haven't dated in a long while, just come out of a long relationship

How long do you think I should wait before I message her again?

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Mayhem™
Some people would feel bad if they did that, so they hide the issue and pretend that they have nothing to do

Yeah it makes sense but let's hope for the best

But we have been messaging a lot, like we spoke for hours but see that's the thing I tried to avoid, I didn't want to become 'friends' :frown:

Thank you tho
Cheers for the advice :smile: haven't dated in a long while, just come out of a long relationship

How long do you think I should wait before I message her again?

Thanks

I came out of a LTR not long ago and when I started dating again at first I had the tendency to feel very serious, very quickly. Don't! This is the fun of being single again - just take things easy, enjoy it and see how it goes.

I'd give it another couple of days, maybe wait til the end of the weekend.

But we have been messaging a lot, like we spoke for hours but see that's the thing I tried to avoid, I didn't want to become 'friends' :frown:

Thank you tho

no problem, If I were you I'd try starting a conversation and see where that gets you
Reply 9
I came out of a LTR not long ago and when I started dating again at first I had the tendency to feel very serious, very quickly. Don't! This is the fun of being single again - just take things easy, enjoy it and see how it goes.

Yeah my mate gave me similar advice - I'm usually quite pessimistic about these sort of things but I will try to optimistic on this occasion :smile:
Original post by Mayhem™
no problem, If I were you I'd try starting a conversation and see where that gets you

I may give it a few days but I'd prefer a straight answer, at least then I know where I stand

But yeah I will wait a few days, well try and wait a few days before messaging her

Thank you tho

Thank you for your help guys - but she just literally replied to me :smile:
Thank you for your help guys - but she just literally replied to me :smile:

:biggrin: Good news?
:biggrin: Good news?

YES!!!! :smile:
Good luck mate, hope all works out for you.
Original post by Greedoshotfirst
Good luck mate, hope all works out for you.

So do I - Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending