The Student Room Group

Will I get more attention from girls if I get muscular?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinemither
So we are essentially speaking someone with more definition than muscle?

Yeh I guess you could say that
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Okay, sorry my bad. I take it back then. :hug: ?

Yeah he probably is though he can roughly eat at maintenance for his first year and still make amazing gains.

I'm just saying the physique OP wants is quite s... and easily achievable however
it isn't nowhere near aesthetic.

Yeah my op was probably a bit extreme :lol: , but his goal looks fair and it shouldn't take a great deal of effort.
Firstly, if you chase after aesthetics as a pure motif you'll never attain it and most likely quit after couple of weeks just like new year resolutioners.

Will working out in the gym help you get noticed more by girls? Yes in the respect of having a bigger social presence compared to someone who doesn't life. Will you get girls simply by working out? No, you need to have some game when pulling.

Assuming you haven't trained ever before and your new to lifting it would probably take you roughly 1 year to get 20-25lb muscle. Your idea of a amazing physique like the one you've linked above is straight sh1t, straight up. I guess the longer you train the more your perspective changes.

So what exactly is wrong with his physique then?
Yeah you will definitely get more looks. However, most girls don't like the bodybuilder look. They like the brad pitt fight club look.
Original post by Anonymous
So what exactly is wrong with his physique then?

*hands you the rope*

Go ask @WoodyMKC whats wrong with the physique OP wants.
Original post by Mayhem™
Yeah my op was probably a bit extreme :lol: , but his goal looks fair and it shouldn't take a great deal of effort.

Yeah I know. It would roughly take him a year tops to attain that physique but he can do way better is what I'm trying to get across.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Idk I don't particularly have a 'type' just maybe someone who looks like they take care of themselves but not to the point where their arms look like they're going to burst out of the shirt sleeves

An attractive physique takes extreme commitment, dedication to training and nutrition, making sure you get adequate sleep and recovery. Anything worth having is hard work and will require lots of gym time over the course of a few years.

Original post by Mayhem™
I was more considering the fact he'll start bulking up and keep aiming higher in terms of size; If it's any credit, I did BTEC Sport and know how muscle building works.

In response to the meme, I actually attend the gym to work on my physique and health.

:lolwut:

Okay, sorry my bad. I take it back then. :jumphug: ?

Yeah he probably is though he can roughly eat at maintenance for his first year and still make amazing gains.

I'm just saying the physique OP wants is quite s... and easily achievable however
it isn't nowhere near aesthetic.

I'd be very surprised if somebody made 10 - 13kg gains in weight on maintenance calories.
Original post by MountKimbie

:lolwut:

what's so surprising?
I mean, it depends on the girl. I personally would not be attracted to a muscular guy - everyone is different.
At the moment I don't get much attention from girls, just occasionally a girl might come up to me on a night out, but not much. I think my face is average, not ugly but doesn't look amazing either. I'm 6'4, I have some muscle but still look a bit lanky at the moment (203 lbs) I aim to put on about 25 pounds. Will I have girls flocking to me after I build my physique up to something like this: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTvupskUnS5Fp6dYqpQyJZen0GGrEXKg0cdueiuU0KV-fnJOqI

You do realise it will take at least a year to gain that much? Probably more
Original post by Mayhem™
I did BTEC Sport and know how muscle building works.

mfw BTEC sport
Original post by langlitz
mfw BTEC sport

I really don't see how it's funny, considering the course teaches you it? Unless I'm missing some gym junkie joke
*hands you the rope*

Go ask @WoodyMKC whats wrong with the physique OP wants.

Why do people always love saying someone has a crap physique when it's not, there's literally nothing wrong with his physique
Where did you get that fact from? And it is possible it just takes much more time than shorter people. 225lbs is where people at 6'4 start looking really big

he failed a drug test a few years back, also look at some of his training vids he's one of the strongest guys in wwe. And you are right about it being possible it's up 2 u if ur patient enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending