The Student Room Group

"Brexit would be a disaster for UK science"

Scroll to see replies

Please help me out, I'm struggling to understand the connection between this and this thread.
Original post by Plagioclase
Please help me out, I'm struggling to understand the connection between this and this thread.

I would guess that it's a garbled, pro-Brexit argument referencing the migrant/refugee crisis, which might be seen to be tangentially related to the subject of the thread.
Flying pigs would be pretty cool too.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Flying pigs would be pretty cool too.

If we had them we wouldn't need to bomb Isis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Rather than predicting the apocalypse, these scientists would have been more useful if they had asked the government whether they will compensate the loss of EU grants with the money saved from the EU contribution.

On the matter of EU grants they aren't really locked out, last I checked Israel is not part of the EU and it still got EU funding, science knows no borders, and it is scientists that allocate the grants, if we keep paying in to the particular scheme, assuming they let us which they might not for a while, we will still get a lot of it back, it's one of the few things we get more out of than we pay in and that's because Britain is second only to the US when it comes to academia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending