The Student Room Group

Slade Interview 2016

~Thought I would start a new thread for 2016 since there isn't one already.~
I received an interview date from Slade, and was wondering if anyone had any advice from previous interviews? I've been researching past threads and a lot of them are from 2011 so I'm assuming things may have changed slightly. Any advice would be hugely appreciated ! Or maybe even how the course is going for those who got accepted ? Thank you ! :--) (I'm applying for the 3 years)

Scroll to see replies

hey i applied for the bfa as well and got my interview email yesterday. i was wondering how much new work we need to bring in? and can that work be a continuation of the projects in the portfolio or is it better if its something unrelated?
Reply 2
congrats! and so did i.
but my problem is, i am an international student and I am currently staying in my country (non eu)
I sent a questioning e mail to them but dunno what if i actually need to attend the interview.
should purchase the flight ticket and absent my current school as well.
anyone who lives in overseas and was invited?
I've not heard anything back does this mean I've been rejected?
Reply 4
Original post by emma_watson
I've not heard anything back does this mean I've been rejected?

Not sure I assume you'd get an email Monday ? Otherwise it's not leaving you very much time to prepare ! Good luck :smile:
Original post by paintbrush
hey i applied for the bfa as well and got my interview email yesterday. i was wondering how much new work we need to bring in? and can that work be a continuation of the projects in the portfolio or is it better if its something unrelated?

Did your portfolio label have a scribble on it when it was handed back to you?
Original post by gjs2
Not sure I assume you'd get an email Monday ? Otherwise it's not leaving you very much time to prepare ! Good luck :smile:

hahah true thanks. did you portfolio label have a scribble on it when it was handed back to you?
Reply 7
Did your portfolio label have a scribble on it when it was handed back to you?

I know someone who got an interview and had no scribble.
I think its just admissions related- someone I know who asked was told it was people with the same names
Okay do you have any idea if all the interview requests have gone out?
Reply 9
Okay do you have any idea if all the interview requests have gone out?

I'm not sure. Last year I think they gave them out in stages- like half one week then the other half the next. But could be different this year- theres no knowing
Original post by a_cmm
I'm not sure. Last year I think they gave them out in stages- like half one week then the other half the next. But could be different this year- theres no knowing

okay hahah sorry for badgering you I'm a constant nervous wreck, this whole process is doing my head in!!!!!! I wish you all the best with your interview :smile:
Reply 11
okay hahah sorry for badgering you I'm a constant nervous wreck, this whole process is doing my head in!!!!!! I wish you all the best with your interview :smile:

its fine, really ! :smile:
I haven't had an email yet either, but thanks anyway ahah
Reply 12
Original post by teamhajin
congrats! and so did i.
but my problem is, i am an international student and I am currently staying in my country (non eu)
I sent a questioning e mail to them but dunno what if i actually need to attend the interview.
should purchase the flight ticket and absent my current school as well.
anyone who lives in overseas and was invited?

Same situation here. I think I will choose not to go since I have some exams around that time... but I am afraid that they will just reject me...
Reply 13
I had my interview 2 weeks ago, has anyone heard anything yet ?
Reply 14
Original post by Image
I had my interview 2 weeks ago, has anyone heard anything yet ?

Hey,
What was the date of yours ? I've just had mine on the 7th so I'm assuming I still have quite a wait! Do you think they were doing interviews over those two weeks? On previous posts it says successful applicant take three weeks and rejections take two, however I'm not sure of the authenticity of those remarks :smile: Good Luck :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by gjs2
Hey,
What was the date of yours ? I've just had mine on the 7th so I'm assuming I still have quite a wait! Do you think they were doing interviews over those two weeks? On previous posts it says successful applicant take three weeks and rejections take two, however I'm not sure of the authenticity of those remarks :smile: Good Luck :smile:

Heya, Mine was on the 3rd for the Bfa...so they must have had them for two weeks. Yes I saw that as well, and so dreading to here back at the moment, not sure if rejection will be from Ucas, and a letter if you get in ? thank you, good luck to you too :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Image
Heya, Mine was on the 3rd for the Bfa...so they must have had them for two weeks. Yes I saw that as well, and so dreading to here back at the moment, not sure if rejection will be from Ucas, and a letter if you get in ? thank you, good luck to you too :biggrin:

Mine was for bfa too! How do you think you got on ? With mine they honestly gave nothing away, which makes the whole 'waiting period', even more unbearable ! Yeah I think either way they inform you via UCAS but it would make sense sending a letter too for acceptance. Have you got any other interviews coming up ? Or was slade the last? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by gjs2
Mine was for bfa too! How do you think you got on ? With mine they honestly gave nothing away, which makes the whole 'waiting period', even more unbearable ! Yeah I think either way they inform you via UCAS but it would make sense sending a letter too for acceptance. Have you got any other interviews coming up ? Or was slade the last? :smile:

Haha !! Well I'm the exact same, they gave nothing much away, and I didn't say as much as I wanted, after I had no idea how to feel 😂 So I just want to know yes or no...that was my last one, and I've heard back from all my others...how about you ??
I just got an offer for the BA, I'm so happy. Has anyone else heard back yet???
Reply 19
I got rejected yesterday :----(

Quick Reply

Latest