The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BristolFresher15

No, I hadn't even heard of that option! Do you have further details, or could you point me in the right direction to get some?

Yeah sure! You can apply on UCAS or on their website. Boom. As far as I know its a little shorter than usual (4.5 years) and the course is similar to the one they have at Leicester.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Yeah sure! You can apply on UCAS or on their website. Boom. As far as I know its a little shorter than usual (4.5 years) and the course is similar to the one they have at Leicester.

It seems similar to UCLAN's programme, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion! Are you applying there as well?
Hi everyone, I've got 4 rejections and I'm not sure whether I should reapply in the UK or abroad, or take a gap year.
Has anyone else had similar experience or any advice?
It seems similar to UCLAN's programme, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion! Are you applying there as well?

I don't think I'm eligible, I would if I had a spare £180k to spend ^^' it's worth looking at, though.
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.
Hi everyone, I've got 4 rejections and I'm not sure whether I should reapply in the UK or abroad, or take a gap year.
Has anyone else had similar experience or any advice?

Hiya hun! Sorry about your 4 rejections. Step one is feedback, do you know why you were rejected?
Original post by AnnekaChan173
I don't think I'm eligible, I would if I had a spare £180k to spend ^^' it's worth looking at, though.

Fair enough :smile: It seems very similar to UCLAN. And I've actually been there because of my interview, so I've seen the place. It was much nicer than I thought, and since I already have an offer I'll probably just stick with that one! But I have until end of April to make my decision, so I'll see what Ireland says, and also look into EU medical schools, because several of them are ranked pretty high and wayyy cheaper than anything here!

Thanks again for you help :smile:
Fair enough :smile: It seems very similar to UCLAN. And I've actually been there because of my interview, so I've seen the place. It was much nicer than I thought, and since I already have an offer I'll probably just stick with that one! But I have until end of April to make my decision, so I'll see what Ireland says, and also look into EU medical schools, because several of them are ranked pretty high and wayyy cheaper than anything here!

Thanks again for you help :smile:

Sounds like a good choice. No problem, medics gotta stick together :')
Reply 166
Got a post-interview rejection from Barts last week. Oh well, i didn't like it when i went there anyway :biggrin:
That's my third rejection (also UCL and Imperial pre-interview due to my low BMAT), but i've got an offer from King's so it's all worked out really well for me. Even though it was my second choice after UCL, i couldn't be happier!
Good luck to everyone, 3 rejections is not the end of the world, so if you're still waiting to hear from your unis, don't lose hope! :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by Arusya
Got a post-interview rejection from Barts last week. Oh well, i didn't like it when i went there anyway :biggrin:
That's my third rejection (also UCL and Imperial pre-interview due to my low BMAT), but i've got an offer from King's so it's all worked out really well for me. Even though it was my second choice after UCL, i couldn't be happier!
Good luck to everyone, 3 rejections is not the end of the world, so if you're still waiting to hear from your unis, don't lose hope! :smile:

Although you have received an offer, how did you feel your interview went at Kings? Did you walk feeling really confident or quite anxious thinking it may not have went that good?? :smile:
Original post by Arusya

Did you do your Bart's interview or kings interview first? Do you feel that doing one helped you do better on the other? I had interviews at both and got rejected from Bart's (although I did that last) but still waiting on kings so grasping at any shred of hope here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any international student heard back from Cardiff?
Got 3 post-interview rejections and waiting for the fourth one as that was my worst interview. Gutted because i thought these three actually went well, and none of the uni's give specific feedback so there's no way of knowing what I did wrong in the interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got all 4 post interview rejections already .....
Original post by Croydongirl
I've got all 4 post interview rejections already .....

Are you gonna reapply next year? If so, Do you feel that you might get rejected again because of interview skills? Because that's how I feel, that's what I'm scared of. Especially since none of those damn universities would tell us what we did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoyo.sat
Are you gonna reapply next year? If so, Do you feel that you might get rejected again because of interview skills? Because that's how I feel, that's what I'm scared of. Especially since none of those damn universities would tell us what we did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do find that part quite annoying and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole process (not that I ever really rate competitive non-technical interviews).
Original post by CharlieGEM
I do find that part quite annoying and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole process (not that I ever really rate competitive non-technical interviews).

Exactly! Like they ask us to do the best in our GCSEs and A levels, and then the ukcat and possibly bmat, and we need an amazing personal statement, and after all that they decide to reject us because they just don't like us. I get that interview is needed to see that the candidate is a normal human being that can talk to people, but a lot of people that are good enough end up not getting any offers because there are better applicants. And these better applicants have two or three offers to spare. It just doesn't seem fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly! Like they ask us to do the best in our GCSEs and A levels, and then the ukcat and possibly bmat, and we need an amazing personal statement, and after all that they decide to reject us because they just don't like us. I get that interview is needed to see that the candidate is a normal human being that can talk to people, but a lot of people that are good enough end up not getting any offers because there are better applicants. And these better applicants have two or three offers to spare. It just doesn't seem fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem is, "better" by who's estimation? Once you answer that question the answers get kind of ugly, especially as I felt I was more than a match for a lot of those that got offers on academics, UKCAT, GAMSAT...

I dared to suggest maybe offers were somewhat biased in another thread, it didn't go down well 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I'm going to reapply next year to different universities. I do feel that I might get rejected again but I'm trying to improve my interview skills.
Original post by CharlieGEM
Got rejections from Warwick and Southampton post interview. Applications pulled from Nottingham and Swansea for financial reasons.

Stats:

UKCAT: 775
GAMSAT: 73
PhD (maths)
Master of maths: 1st
A-levels: 6As
GCSEs: 7A*, 1A, 2B

Wow your stats are good so you're interviews must have gone quite bad (not to sound mean) what do you think went wrong? My friend got 2 offers from Southampton and Warwick with not the best grades, but his UKCAT was good (not as good as yours)
Got 3 post-interview rejections and waiting for the fourth one as that was my worst interview. Gutted because i thought these three actually went well, and none of the uni's give specific feedback so there's no way of knowing what I did wrong in the interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am really sorry to hear this. I hope you get an offer from your last uni!
If the uni's did not give specific feedback is it like "Many people have applied but...balh balh..."??
Original post by MedicalElleWoods
Wow your stats are good so you're interviews must have gone quite bad (not to sound mean) what do you think went wrong? My friend got 2 offers from Southampton and Warwick with not the best grades, but his UKCAT was good (not as good as yours)

Kind of what I figured that the interviews must have been judged to be really quite bad, especially by Warwick.

Two things spring to mind: a fairly chequered work history despite the qualifications and from other job interviews I can give the impression of not being the professional type to the sort of people that conduct professional interviews. I'm also not a big self-promoter, as I've never had to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending