The Student Room Group

A Female's road to Bath University's Computer Science Degree (Hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Finished Ligands and complex ions and I have begun Ligand Substitution. Only 7 more bullet points on the specification and then I have finished all of 5.3.1 Transition Elements which I shall do later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Going to spend an hour finishing ligand substitution and redox titrations. Carrying on with making questions from the specification and then making model answers using the textbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Ran over a bit but got the questions and the model answers made from the specification for module 3 of unit 2. I also had time to type up the questions (done it all on paper and will type up the answers later). I shall add these as an attachment for anyone who might want to use this as a place to start with their revision or see where they have gaps. I shall also add the questions I typed up previously for Unit 1 Module 1.
So these are from OCR Chemistry A A2 course (Old specification) Unit 1 Module 1 and Unit 2 Module 3 :Transition Elements
The questions are basically the specification reworded into questions so should cover everything for those modules. If I have missed anything let me know!
Hope its helpful
Reply 63
Going to spend half an hour doing a write up for my physics A2 course work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Made a second experiment sheet for my A2 coursework and made a complete equipment list for the experiments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Did two hours of FP2 this morning in my "free periods"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Spent 3 hours on FP2 today and an hour revising chemistry rates of reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Spent an hour on S2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Spent an hour yesterday on physics coursework write up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
This weekends goals:
Go over synthesis routes in chemistry
Go over mock chemistry paper to see if I can make any corrections
Go over FP1 and M2 mock papers and make model answers
Do the set chemistry homework

On Monday we will be going through the chemistry mock and the mark scheme and I will also be getting my chemistry cw mark back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Spent an hour last night doing nmr questions (from physicsandmathstutor.com questions by topic) and spent an hour and a half this morning making flash cards with common exam questions and the answers using the mark schemes. Plan to do a chemistry paper after lunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
How does one get that high in D1 :frown:

I got

C1: A

C2: A

D1: U.

overall grade: C.

it was bs. I need to retake it this year but i haven't even stayed revising
Reply 72
Original post by Lawliettt
How does one get that high in D1 :frown:

I got

C1: A

C2: A

D1: U.

overall grade: C.

it was bs. I need to retake it this year but i haven't even stayed revising

I was pretty shocked myself! I did every past paper and just took the exam really slowly and calmly. I think for D1 that's particularly important as the algorithm steps are quite simple it's quite easy to make a mistake and then the whole question is gone and then it's hard to see the error. Was it the algorithms you struggled with or the accuracy ??? D1 is very easy just a lot of people fall down on the accuracy. Hope you do much better this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Did a chemistry paper June 2012 and made a correction sheet with common questions. Got 51/60 which according to the OCR website is higher than the 90% conversion points for he paper ! Feel like I am getting the hang of chemistry. Still need to work on my synthesis roots but they are getting somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Did a chemistry paper from June 2013 got 50/60 which was a B (51= A!) so pretty happy with that. Mostly silly mistakes.
Key areas:
Forming Azodyes and reagents and conditions
Drawing a molecule when given the atomic formula and a bit of info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Did some chemistry questions in lesson (finished the course) and did most of finished the S2 silver 3 paper and did to silver 4 question 4.
Tomorrow will be spent focusing on my physics practical coursework which I will do during my frees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Spent 4 hours today doing my physics practical in my frees and after school and then did a maths revision session at lunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Had a double free his morning as teacher was not there so made an exam question on carbonyls for chemistry and some revision cards on carboxylic reactions.
Spent an hour on writing up my coursework results and making graphs for them.
Will not do any work tomorrow as I have my end of term concert with my youth orchestra and then do some work at the weekend.
This weekends goals:
Type up remaining physics results
Go through second order differential equations for FP2
Go through the integration chapter of C4
M2 paper ?
Start the legacy chemistry questions in the textbook on carbonyls
Reply 78
Had a free today so spent an hour going through the integration in chapter 6 of C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking at everything you've done is making me realise how little I'm doing. :smile:How do you find the time to revise on a normal school day??
I hope you achieve your weekend goals. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending