The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE UG Admissions Assessment (UGAA)

Scroll to see replies

I just returned from Tuesday (1st Mar)'s UGAA assessment for my LLB Law programme. Did well in the writing section A & B (25+50%) but did terribly wrong in maths section C (25%)........looks like rejection...unless luck strucks.

The only hope is if I managed to score exceptionally well in the first two writing Qs and score the 70%+ then luck may strike but then again been told they mark as an 'overall' which means one needs to score high marks in all sections in order to get an average. In my case, its not just good preparation, but luck seems to be the main hope as I allocated a good amount of time to prepare for UGAA without knowing I have to do maths part! In my college, I'm the only one who applied for Law at LSE which probably explains why I was not clued up through batch mates as many others do in other colleges.

As it is highly unlikely I would get an offer, I have already started to explore other offers including from nearby colleges NCH London and ULaw which also provides LLB Law UG programme.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
And just imagine thats the easy maths....
Reply 42
Is anyone else now furiously checking ucas for an update? I don't think I did very well on the ugaa, but I just can't stand the wait...
Reply 43
Literally same!:/
Reply 44
Original post by Gattara
Is anyone else now furiously checking ucas for an update? I don't think I did very well on the ugaa, but I just can't stand the wait...

Last year they heard back 2-2.5 after the test so my logic is that the later I hear back the better because it just means I haven't been rejected yet:'D
Tbh I did quite bismally so I appreciate every day that goes by without a rejection
Reply 45
Original post by nap19
Last year they heard back 2-2.5 after the test so my logic is that the later I hear back the better because it just means I haven't been rejected yet:'D
Tbh I did quite bismally so I appreciate every day that goes by without a rejection

That's a good way to look at it. I think I did pretty bad. My maths was ok, except I missed a few on the last question and that was quite a lot of the marks. (I did the 25% section) and my precis was also rubbish. Felt like I sounded like a 3 year old.
Reply 46
Anyone else terribly impatient now? It's scary to think that we get a reply next week :s
Do you think getting 60% is enough?
Reply 47
The pass is 60% but there is no guarantee even if you are getting 90%, it still depends on your overall application. They probably use ugaa when they need to choose between 2 quite similar candidates (same grades, similar ps's) and LSE is the only uni who haven't replied to me yet, which annoys me a lot. I want to know whatever their decision is
Reply 48
Original post by eozcan
The pass is 60% but there is no guarantee even if you are getting 90%, it still depends on your overall application. They probably use ugaa when they need to choose between 2 quite similar candidates (same grades, similar ps's) and LSE is the only uni who haven't replied to me yet, which annoys me a lot. I want to know whatever their decision is

I get you! I'm still waiting on Edinburgh but other than that it's only lse. I just wish I knew already. Where else have you got offers from?
Reply 49
I'm the same. I applied for 5 uni's, and 4 have replied. I just want to know either way from LSE so I can accept or decline the other offers. I really don't think I will get into LSE, I feel like I completely bombed the exam. I was in a noisy area and it was the first exam I've taken in about 10 years. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a reply...
Reply 50
I got from Edinburgh, Royal Holloway, Newcastle and Sussex, you?
Reply 51
Original post by eozcan
I got from Edinburgh, Royal Holloway, Newcastle and Sussex, you?

Congrats on all the offers! For me it's Durham, Exeter, Glasgow. LSE seems pretty hopeless tbh, section D went terribly. Having not finished 3 questions, I just wish they would put me out of my misery :'D
Reply 52
You too! I'm really regretting not applying to Durham:frown:((
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone took the test for the Management degree? 🙈
Reply 54
I applied for management🙊
Original post by eozcan
I applied for management🙊

And how did it go for you? Did you receive your offer?
Reply 56
Nope, I dont think that I'll hear from them before the end of the march
Original post by eozcan
Nope, I dont think that I'll hear from them before the end of the march

Same 😞
A new week has started so anyone who has heard back?
Reply 59
Original post by #economics
A new week has started so anyone who has heard back?

Nothing yet but I have a gut feeling that it's gonna be tomorrow:s I'm so nervous tbh I half don't want to know. Wouldn't really like any other uni I applied to.
Do you know anyone who has heard back already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending