The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Hey guys, there isnt a clear thread for A2 AQA Business so I thought Id make one for us. So lets just share techniques and help each other out as much as we can.

At what point is everyone at? We have just started going through the pre-release theme for this year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really need alot of help with techniques in A2 business!!!!!!!
Reply 2
Okay what kind of help with which techniques? And what grade did you get at AS?
Has anyone started BUSS4 research??
Reply 4
Original post by 28/01/2016
Has anyone started BUSS4 research??

My Business Class just started it this week, have you and what have you found so far?
Reply 5
Hi there,

I'm a private student, have not taken an exam for... 25 years and I live in Europe!
I started studying BS in January and will take the exams in May/June,
So far I'm happy that pt 1 and 2 will not present too much trouble, but 3 and 4 are without question much tougher !

But to get on topic.... Based upon the pre-release advise I that 4 would be E-commerce based I picked "Leading Digital Strategy" ( you'll see it on Amazon).
I've only started to flick through it so far and to be honest I think it is probably too heavy for A level. But..... in the next couple of weeks I'll get a bit further into it and I'll give some feedback and let you know if it's worth to invest the time :-)

Additionally when I come across other worthy articles I can post them here, assuming that the thread stays alive !

Otherwise, to be honest I am really surprised that this is the only forum for discussing A levels, (like I say I've not sat a UK exam for 25 years), I assumed that there would be very busy and vibrant communities of students.
Am I missing something ??

Cheers, Steve.
Reply 6
I expect that the content will be for subscribers only,
But as a visitor you can possibly read 2 or 3 articles...

http://www.economist.com/topics/e-commerce
Original post by gkgs
My Business Class just started it this week, have you and what have you found so far?

We've only started doing the content... But we haven't done any research on businesses..... We are planning to go to the tutor2u workshop for BUSS3 & BUSS4 on friday next week and go from there... I think they might suggest some businesses and some predictions on what might come up, but I don't know.
Original post by Stevejc
Hi there,

I'm a private student, have not taken an exam for... 25 years and I live in Europe!
I started studying BS in January and will take the exams in May/June,
So far I'm happy that pt 1 and 2 will not present too much trouble, but 3 and 4 are without question much tougher !

But to get on topic.... Based upon the pre-release advise I that 4 would be E-commerce based I picked "Leading Digital Strategy" ( you'll see it on Amazon).
I've only started to flick through it so far and to be honest I think it is probably too heavy for A level. But..... in the next couple of weeks I'll get a bit further into it and I'll give some feedback and let you know if it's worth to invest the time :-)

Additionally when I come across other worthy articles I can post them here, assuming that the thread stays alive !

Otherwise, to be honest I am really surprised that this is the only forum for discussing A levels, (like I say I've not sat a UK exam for 25 years), I assumed that there would be very busy and vibrant communities of students.

Am I missing something ??

Cheers, Steve.

I was also wondering why Business students doing this exam aren't active but maybe most students haven't started it yet.... If you see previous year threads they began from May/June.... But that's too late tbh.

And I was told by my teacher that for Section B in BUSS4 the EU or Retrenchment could come up as they haven't come up since this course began. But not too sure...
Hi guys has anyone started researching buss4? We have nearly buss3 and do all of buss4 so far but I am struggling to find any good examples of businesses to use in ecommerce
Reply 10
Original post by Crozzer24
Hi guys has anyone started researching buss4? We have nearly buss3 and do all of buss4 so far but I am struggling to find any good examples of businesses to use in ecommerce

My class has just started and I think Ecommerce is a pretty easy one because we have grown up in its peak and know/use many businesses that are in it.
Original post by gkgs
My class has just started and I think Ecommerce is a pretty easy one because we have grown up in its peak and know/use many businesses that are in it.

Which businesses are you planning/thinking of doing?
Reply 12
Which businesses are you planning/thinking of doing?

It would be great if you could give me a suggestion here... (I have no tutor !)
For correct BUSS4 exam technique should you use specific businesses? or specific business models?
ie, would it be wise to focus on the travel industry or learn about and use "lastminute.com" or another individual actor?
There are some useful resources for everyone preparing for BUSS4 E-Commerce here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/series/buss4-section-a-2016-e-commerce

Also the tutor2u Twelve for BUSS4 in 2016 is a decent list of case study firms that can be used effectively for both Section A and Section B:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/tutor2u-twelve-for-2016

If you need any extra help, just post here and I'll try to assist

Jim
Original post by Jim Riley
There are some useful resources for everyone preparing for BUSS4 E-Commerce here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/series/buss4-section-a-2016-e-commerce

Also the tutor2u Twelve for BUSS4 in 2016 is a decent list of case study firms that can be used effectively for both Section A and Section B:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/tutor2u-twelve-for-2016

If you need any extra help, just post here and I'll try to assist

Jim

Thank you, I attended the BUSS4 Exam Technique Workshop on Friday, I was wondering when the download link to the presentations & workbook will be activated... I have mocks coming up soon so they would be very helpful!!!

I'd like to thank you for spending so much time & effort in making resources for business, they are literally the only resources we use to learn & revise from, they're so helpful. I found the workshop motivating because it made me realise I don't have to actually research businesses in depth, just a general overview of their activities & performance. Its more about exam technique & analysis!!! Thank You for saving my A Level business grade!!!
Does anyone have any revision materials for BUSS4 content? Not the Prelease? Thanks.
Reply 16
Original post by Gracekgs
Does anyone have any revision materials for BUSS4 content? Not the Prelease? Thanks.

yes
Original post by Raihan.
yes

Have you done any research on businesses that link to the BUSS4 theory?
Reply 18
Have you done any research on businesses that link to the BUSS4 theory?

yes
Original post by Raihan.
yes

Which businesses have you done? And what information do you search. Like the CEO, Market Share, Profits???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending