The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
no, i was revising i got mocks in april...

Can't you spare 2 hours of your day once or twice a week and just chill out and watch the match? I'm doing medicine and I manage to watch every match.

Not implying anything negative but just saying you should relax a bit. Studying all the time isn't good for you.
Original post by qasidb
Can't you spare 2 hours of your day once or twice a week and just chill out and watch the match? I'm doing medicine and I manage to watch every match.

Not implying anything negative but just saying you should relax a bit. Studying all the time isn't good for you.

He's clearly messing m8

This overused revising bit occasionally makes an anonymous United fan feel popular on an online football thread. Fair play to him.
Just realised Scrawlx is doing Alevels. Tbh you should easily be able to spare 2 hours to watch football in a week unless he's going for 5 A*s.

Miss the life of a uni student, all the time in the world to do anything and everything and be able to cram 10 weeks worth of studying in 2 weeks before exams.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Just realised Scrawlx is doing Alevels. Tbh you should easily be able to spare 2 hours to watch football in a week unless he's going for 5 A*s.

Miss the life of a uni student, all the time in the world to do anything and everything and be able to cram 10 weeks worth of studying in 2 weeks before exams.

I was a pro at doing nothing and then pulling it out of the bag last minute to scrape a totally undeserved grade.

Don't do it kids.
How can you be revising so much you can't spend 1h 30 mins to watch football once a week? I'm expecting 20 A*s.

Scrawlx is probably doing a Walter White.
(edited 8 years ago)
-How predictable. Didn't even watch the game but already knew this was going to happen.

-Getting knocked out by Liverpool is the final nail in the coffin to our crappy season. We will also finish 7th or 8th.

-Mourinho has a lot of work to do when he comes, the team is shambolic.
Original post by Lúcio
I was a pro at doing nothing and then pulling it out of the bag last minute to scrape a totally undeserved grade.

Don't do it kids.

I managed to get a first in my final year with literally just revising a week or two before exams. Unreal.

Original post by Dirtybit
How can you be revising so much you can't spend 1h 30 mins to watch football once a week? I'm expecting 20 A*s.

Scrawlx is probably doing a Walter White.

He has to be trolling but then again, I'd rather revise or do something productive than watch us play this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
-How predictable. Didn't even watch the game but already knew this was going to happen.

-Getting knocked out by Liverpool is the final nail in the coffin to our crappy season. We will also finish 7th or 8th.

-Mourinho has a lot of work to do when he comes, the team is shambolic.

Yeah its 99% confirmed that Mourinho is coming to United and he has a **** load of things to do. He said he'll start work for his new club in July and Moyes said United made him join in July.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah its 99% confirmed that Mourinho is coming to United and he has a **** load of things to do. He said he'll start work for his new club in July and Moyes said United made him join in July.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mourinho is the type of manager who plans very early! I bet he already has a long list of who to replace, who to buy, what positions to change etc etc.

Will be exciting to see what changes he implements! (defense will probably be a big one....can't have people like Blind and Carrick in defense *facepalm*)
Original post by trapking
Mourinho is the type of manager who plans very early! I bet he already has a long list of who to replace, who to buy, what positions to change etc etc.

Will be exciting to see what changes he implements! (defense will probably be a big one....can't have people like Blind and Carrick in defense *facepalm*)

Yeah rumours he's already scouting players for us :lol:. Probably just rumours ey.

Personally my outgoings would be:
-Carrick (let him retire)
-Jones (unreliable and time to sell)
-McNair (Never will be good enough)
-Blackett (not good enough)
-Young (been a decent player and decent squad option but once again its time for him to go)
-Fellani (the symbol of how far United have fallen the past 3 seasons)
-Rooney (doesn't justify his wages and looks past it. He won't accept a squad role so its time to move him on. Hopefully a huge bid from the MLS or China comes in for him)

Incomings:
-CB (wouldn't mind us going for Stones)
- CDM (push hard for someone like Kroos but its really unlikely so maybe someone combative like Carvalho)
- CM (someone who'll offer a lot of drive and energy. We've been linked with Renato Sanches but the youngster is too raw and inconsistent)
- New RW (Griezmann would be incredible signing but someone maybe realistic like Mahrez but even then that sounds unlikely :lol:)
- New ST (would absolutely love Ibra. He'd be like a Henrik Larson signing and maybe even have an impact similar to the king Cantona)

Squad for 2016/2017 (assuming a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3)
Defence:
GK: De Gea, Romero.
RB: Darmian, Varela
LB: Shaw, CBJ.
CBs: Smalling, Rojo, Blind, TFM, new CB

For defence, just bring in a solid CB to play alongside Smalling. I'd give Darmian another season although he has been disappointing. Our starting back four should be Darmian Smalling New CB Shaw with Varela and CBJ good backups for the full back positions and Rojo and Blind good backups for LB and CB positions and TFM getting cup games here and there.

Midfield:
RW: New RW, Lingard, Januzaj
LW: Martial, Memphis
CM/CDMs: Bastian, Schniederlin, new CDM, Herrera, new CM
CAMs: Mata, Pereira

We need a couple of new CMs, Bastian would offer valuable experience and should be used sparingly. Another DM would be required since Carrick will be gone and I'm assuming Blind is now a CB.

Strikers:
new ST, Martial, Wilson and Rashford

New quality ST to take the pressure off Martial (would like to see him play on the wings before eventually settling into the ST role in the future). Someone reliable to get goals like Ibra would be great. Wilson to get a fair few run outs and Rashford to maybe go out on loan or get cup games here and there.

Starting 11:
De Gea
Darmian Smalling new CB Shaw
Schneiderlin new CDM
new RW Mata Martial
new ST

Basically we need to spend another ****load of money to get back to top 4 standard and then another billion to even reach the standards of Bayern and Barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

He needs to get to work then because there's a lot of competition next year.

City with Pep looks like everything they'll ever need.
Chelsea will bring Conte in and spend bucket loads. They're already way better now anyway.
Liverpool are getting better every week under Klopp and he hasn't even spent money yet.
Arsenal are classic bottlers but they'll always take up a top 4 spot (even though they do nothing with it).

I haven't even mentioned the likes of Leicester and Spurs who will (almost certainly) have CL football.
Next season is gonna be bloody amazing.

Basically we need to spend another ****load of money to get back to top 4 standard and then another billion to even reach the standards of Bayern and Barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Herrera should go, Lingard should be no where near our team, Blind has to go, Fellani, McNair, Carrick and Rooney!

We need at least 1 experienced centre-back someone like Sergio Ramos (just like City have Kompany for example we need someone whose a leader in defence a Thiago Silva type figure) to keep things in check. In the midfield we have Schweinstieger whose still a very good player and very experienced! In terms of midfield we have good options but i would get someone decent to replace Carrick (who i think is out of his time tbh) someone like Kroos!

We also need one high quality winger (as good as Di Maria or better) one who can run at players and make **** happen with good passing or crosses or can go for goal as well, this might also help Memphis develop a bit more!

As for the striker position Martial really needs an experienced striker to teach him, the way Martial plays at the moment he does not think like a striker he plays very much like a winger. He needs to learn a bit of movement in the box with a bit of coaching from a more experienced striker he will get better. He tends to try & take too many touches on the ball rather than having a natural eye for goal and striking the ball....

Mourinho will hopefully get the balance right, but we definitely need experienced leaders in this team and high quality world class players! Once we have that we will come back hella strong!!!!!
Schneiderlin has been a big disappointment for me, nowhere near United quality.
Original post by KingKoala
Schneiderlin has been a big disappointment for me, nowhere near United quality.

So is lingard

Posted from TSR Mobile
So City dropped points again today. As if we lost to west brom. **** bottlers basically had a very good chance to push Man City out of top 4 (providing we beat them). No point getting your hopes up again under LVG.
So City dropped points again today. As if we lost to west brom. **** bottlers basically had a very good chance to push Man City out of top 4 (providing we beat them). No point getting your hopes up again under LVG.

Look at next 4 fixtures m8 (see my post in Liverpool thread).

Things could get very interesting over the next month or so :tongue:
Original post by AsandaLFC

You are right he is not United standard but I wouldn't say I am disappointed with him because I didn't expect much from him anyway. I can't remember the last good English player which came through united's system who was United standard, just doesn't happen anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if Lingard was playing in the championship in 5 years time.
Original post by Lúcio
Look at next 4 fixtures m8 (see my post in Liverpool thread).

Things could get very interesting over the next month or so :tongue:

It doesn't matter. We are the best team in the BPL when it comes to top 6 fixtures. I'd be more worried about Villa.
It doesn't matter. We are the best team in the BPL when it comes to top 6 fixtures. I'd be more worried about Villa.

Lmao, it would be maximum banter if you lost to Villa :wink:

Like I said, who knows? With our game in hand, we're definitely there to fight for it.
With a bit of luck, any one of us could make it. Even Arsenal could bottle and be dragged in to the scrap!!
Original post by Lúcio
Lmao, it would be maximum banter if you lost to Villa :wink:

Like I said, who knows? With our game in hand, we're definitely there to fight for it.
With a bit of luck, any one of us could make it. Even Arsenal could bottle and be dragged in to the scrap!!

Lol don't try it. We won't be getting top 4 with LVG at the helm. If Arsenal and City drop out it will be Liverpool and Chelsea getting in.

Latest