Been a while since you mentioned your wage btw
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Been a while since you mentioned your wage btw

Tru

Decided to let it sink in for a while. Tax is a bitch though :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
Tru

Decided to let it sink in for a while. Tax is a bitch though :frown:

From next month you'll have an extra 100 quid pm knocked off for student loans too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 485
Original post by sr90
From next month you'll have an extra 100 quid pm knocked off for student loans too

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** off

£100 p/m?!
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SA-1
**** off

£100 p/m?!

Got a letter saying if you earn more than the repayment income threshold of £21k, your employer will deduct repayments from your salary.

Since my wage is 39k (@Jimmy Seville u mirin) I'll have to pay back £112 p/m until my employment ends.
It scales up though - if you're earning 22k for instance, you only pay back £7 p/m
Original post by Lúcio
Got a letter saying if you earn more than the repayment income threshold of £21k, your employer will deduct repayments from your salary.

Since my wage is 39k (@Jimmy Seville u mirin) I'll have to pay back £112 p/m until my employment ends.
It scales up though - if you're earning 22k for instance, you only pay back £7 p/m

brb laughing at english wages from china.

Chinese wages are not to different from english counterparts, but are quoted after tax, and your before tax sallery is never even mentioned.. so when they say this is a 22k job, they mean thats what you will actually recieve.

People over here cant understand the english way.. they say 'why would you say you earn 30k a year, when you dont?'
Original post by fallen_acorns
brb laughing at english wages from china.

brb laughing at chinese democracy from england
Original post by swirly
brb laughing at chinese democracy from england

brb growing economy, increased quality of living, increased disposable income, affordable houses, opportunities for young and plentiful graduate employment.......... :wink:

brb defending democracy in a country where elections are one by the press, and which ever side big business wants.
(edited 8 years ago)
brb growing economy, increased quality of living, increased disposable income, affordable houses, opportunities for young and plentiful graduate employment.......... :wink:

brb defending democracy in a country where elections are one by the press, and which ever side big business wants.

brb

mirin the 10 minutes you took to load the pic too
Reply 491

Brb economic growth slowest it has been for 25 years. Brb affect is standards of living likely to decrease. Brb devaluing currency having ramifications in the future.
Brb social media on lockdown.
Original post by swirly
brb

mirin the 10 minutes you took to load the pic too

lol, you got me with the picture comment..

Maybe a lot of poor, but..
brb, more billionares in beijing then any other city on the plannet.

Lets be honest, england wishes it was were china is right now - bitching about only 7% growth this year.. only billions of pound surplus, only a major world player and soon to be most poweful country

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Brb economic growth slowest it has been for 25 years. Brb affect is standards of living likely to decrease. Brb devaluing currency having ramifications in the future.
Brb social media on lockdown.

Growth slowest for 25 years, still makes english goverement salivate.

Brb queen and the english goveremnt bend over for the chinese delegation in 2015, begging to be filled with hard chinese investment.

(see above for serrious post.)
Reply 494
Growth slowest for 25 years, still makes english goverement salivate.

Brb queen and the english goveremnt bend over for the chinese delegation in 2015, begging to be filled with hard chinese investment.

(see above for serrious post.)

Ill give you that one:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14
Ill give you that one:wink:

to be fair, it made me proud to be english. Not because it wasnt a bit cringe worthy.. but the chinese reaction:

When china visits most countries, the chinese poeple dont care, they just view it as a random country to make money off.

But when the queen and london was on every TV in china, people took notice. They respect england, and still have a real admiration for our country.. my university lectures the week after that visit, were full of students saying how much they dream of living in england/visiting/love the queen etc.
Reply 496
to be fair, it made me proud to be english. Not because it wasnt a bit cringe worthy.. but the chinese reaction:

When china visits most countries, the chinese poeple dont care, they just view it as a random country to make money off.

But when the queen and london was on every TV in china, people took notice. They respect england, and still have a real admiration for our country.. my university lectures the week after that visit, were full of students saying how much they dream of living in england/visiting/love the queen etc.

Well we can use Facebook here so tis all good:u:. Freedom is not a bich.
Original post by Rk2k14
Well we can use Facebook here so tis all good:u:. Freedom is not a bich.

true, it is wierd to live in a country where you can go into a school, say the words 'youtube, twitter, nintendo, instagrame, vine' etc.. and no one has a clue what your on about.
Reply 498
@swirly@SA-1
Thoughts on Inception? Finally got around to watching it.
Cc GOAT film. with GOAT cast.

inb4 @Kenan and Kel says its overrated.
Any of you guys got any good music to recomend? (recent, since last summer)

I used to find new music through youtube, but cant get that here..

Suggestions?

Open to trying anything

Latest