The Student Room Group

If you were a country which one would you be and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Ignore the troll

Thank you for a completely useless contribution to the discussion at hand. I am just sorry anything I might have said would have taken you away from the important and highly value-adding life you clearly have :h:
Original post by Shillary
farsi baladin? :u:

Thank **** I can't.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Thank **** I can't.

bebakhshid nazanin :console:
Original post by Snufkin
Norway.

Ancient and remote, with a landscape for every emotion; pensive, impenetrable forest; brooding Arctic tundra; carefree mountain streams; calm rolling hills; melancholy fells and euphoric cliffs diving into the sea. :moon:

That's beaut.

Original post by JBLondon
Probably China

I'm older than most people here and I generally do my own thing.

Also my domination is inevitable.

ngl this got me :rofl:

Yknow we were talking about Dostoyevsky earlier?

Yeah Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky- born 1821 died 1881.
Original post by Shillary
bebakhshid nazanin :console:

Nor do I speak Armenian or whatever gobbledygook that is.
Original post by karl pilkington
insignificant in the world stage insignificant in the sense I have no friends etc :nopity:

You don't need friends to be significant.

Oblivion is inevitable anyway.

tbh my contention was that you would want to **** Katie Price? :rofl:
Probably Russia.

na famidam :dontknow:
Original post by Ethereal World

Yknow we were talking about Dostoyevsky earlier?

Yeah Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky- born 1821 died 1881.

Just interested in him being exiled in Siberia for four years tbh
So I was randomly discussing this with Illiberal Liberal :rip: this morning and I thought it would be interesting to see if the rest of you can compare yourself to a country.

I said I think I'm Japan:
The island represents isolation, some dark history but responsible and peaceful now, quirky, not really sure of my place in the world, innovative and creative.

He apparently thinks I'm Singapore:
Also quirky and island nation but a real success story, coming from nothing and being advanced and rich. Although I'm not rich yet :teehee:

I'm Brazil cuz I'm always hyped and love girls with fat asses

My great grandad was exiled to Siberia in WWII... he never came back :frown:
Original post by queen-bee
Syria- such a beautiful country with lots of world heritage,beautiful waters and now completely gone to waste.
How I miss her,my mother's motherland :love:

What's you take on Assad?
Original post by queen-bee
Syria- such a beautiful country with lots of world heritage,beautiful waters and now completely gone to waste.
How I miss her,my mother's motherland :love:

but it's a dictatorship - the 5th worst in the entire world according to research - if the question is "if you could be a country", why would it be syria, given this fact?

What Y had a number one single with 'the only way is up'?
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
What's you take on Assad?

Check out my bashar al Assad thread Hun
Original post by sleepysnooze
but it's a dictatorship - the 5th worst in the entire world according to research - if the question is "if you could be a country", why would it be syria, given this fact?

It was never as bad as things have gotten now.
India

Poor beginnings, formally pushed around and bullied but now independent and doing really well for herself though she still has a long way to go.

Still faces criticism and flak from people who don't really know her well. Good with computers, technology and the physical sciences, very geeky and a bit reserved. A lover of bright and colourful culture and very proud of her cultural heritage. Oddly spiritual and eccentric, with her head in the clouds. Can often be found barefoot, meditating and at one with nature. Can be loud and boisterous and energetic but also peaceful, calm and really quiet with a dark side that chooses to rear it's ugly head once in a while.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StrawbAri
India

Poor beginnings, formally pushed around and bullied but now independent and doing really well for herself though she still has a long way to go.

Still faces criticism and flak from people who don't really know her well. Good with computers, technology and the physical sciences, very geeky and a bit reserved. A lover of bright and colourful culture and very proud of her cultural heritage. Oddly spiritual and eccentric, with head her in the clouds. Can often be found barefoot, meditating and at one with nature. Can be loud and boisterous and energetic but also peaceful, calm and really quiet with a dark side that chooses to rear it's ugly head once in a while.

This is why I love you strawbs. This is an awesome response. :hugs:
Original post by karl pilkington
bulgaria because I am insignificant

I doubt any Bulgarians would agree. And why are you insignificant :dontknow:

I'm Bulgarian and unfortunately agree with you... Bulgaria a land of poor communists who contribute nothing to the world, says the majority of people...:getmecoat: we are extremely underrepresented in the fields of sport, television, science, it really is a shame. Did you know that the first prototype computer was invented by a Bulgarian? Probably not....did you know that Bulgaria has a unique type of yoghurt which can only be found in Bulgaria? Nah...

Anyway I think I would be Finland, just a quiet nation with a rich history and amazing people...

Quick Reply

Latest