The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Any tips on the MMI stations? :smile: This is my last chance of getting into Medicine, and I really want to do well!
Reply 1221
Original post by academia123
Any tips on the MMI stations? :smile: This is my last chance of getting into Medicine, and I really want to do well!

when is your interview?
Are the stations like where they give you a scenario and see what you would do for each one? Or is there another format? Do they ever just ask you normal questions like Why do you want to study medicine?
To help applicants understand the requirements and prepare for interview we have published a set of questions below which require the same level of problem-solving to the questions used on the day of the interview. However these questions are based around problems experienced in everyday life, whereas the questions on the interview day will all be related to clinical scenarios, although no clinical knowledge is required to answer the questions.

I assume it will be a little bit harder but should be on a similar level to the practice ones...probably best for someone who's has done it to say though for sure though!
Original post by M0123
when is your interview?

17th March :smile:
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Thank you it's not so much the rejection, but how long they took to tell me this that bothers me. My degree transcripts were sent in November and I wasn't told until yesterday that the chemistry content wasn't enough and now I have no other options and I'm stuck. Had they told me sooner I could have accepted the job I was offered and at least have a good employment option. I don't want to carry on now though because I can't take this for another year I think I'll move into a different field of work but best of luck to any of you that have been offered an interview, I hope you get in!

It must feel really raw at the minute and I do think it is very unfair they left it so late to tell you. Let it settle and rethink in a week or so or even longer. Maybe query why the chemistry wasn't enough so you know for yourself. If you do apply again it may be worth asking unis before hand if there is enough Chem in your degree. Don't give up on a dream of its what you really what. Obviously do what's best for you at the same time. I have big admiration for anyone applying to medicine and especially graduates who do it more than once! Hope you're ok though 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1226
Original post by _minasan
I've said this before but (assuming they use the same test) I found the maths test fine
it was easier than the practice test (which i found difficult and wasn't even able to complete properly)
Really,don't worry about it - all I did for practice was the test on the website and I feel like I did okay, I only missed one qs out

I'm usually terrible at these kind of maths problems but it was okay!

thank you :smile: the practice ones are fairly hard
Reply 1227
Worrying a bit as I dont have all my GCSE results on my certificate , got everything else bar proof of my maths GCSE, is this gonna be a major problem does anyone know ?
Reply 1228
for people who have done the interview, is the role play in groups or one to one. i hope one of you can answer :frown:
Original post by M0123
for people who have done the interview, is the role play in groups or one to one. i hope one of you can answer :frown:

When is your interview?
I haven't done mine yet, but I have a thorough and trustworthy knowledge that you do all the stations on your own, but there will be actors in the stations for you to role play with, there will usually be at least 2 people in each station to assess you
Original post by M0123
thank you :smile: the practice ones are fairly hard

Is there more than one practice paper available?
Original post by scientist90
To help applicants understand the requirements and prepare for interview we have published a set of questions below which require the same level of problem-solving to the questions used on the day of the interview. However these questions are based around problems experienced in everyday life, whereas the questions on the interview day will all be related to clinical scenarios, although no clinical knowledge is required to answer the questions.

I assume it will be a little bit harder but should be on a similar level to the practice ones...probably best for someone who's has done it to say though for sure though!

Where can I find these questions?
Original post by rosepetals12
Where can I find these questions?

On the website and it says free sample maths test :smile: Or they give you the link on the email if you were invited for interview
Guys, how long did you prepare your interview for? And did you get an offer?
Original post by WALMO
Worrying a bit as I dont have all my GCSE results on my certificate , got everything else bar proof of my maths GCSE, is this gonna be a major problem does anyone know ?

Nah, someone from ireland didn't have any of their certificates and the lady who took the identification documents (which are a must) said they will contact you if you are made an offer. So take as many as you have and...every lil ting, iz gon be arite.
Can someone who already had their interview tell me when we will get the five minute break?

Also, do we have a short reading time (usually 2 mins) between each station or is it straight after one another?

Thanks
Original post by beliveinyourself
Can someone who already had their interview tell me when we will get the five minute break?

Also, do we have a short reading time (usually 2 mins) between each station or is it straight after one another?

Thanks

It depends where in the circuit you start - it is just another station so you might get it half way through or you might start on the rest station and in the case just do the full MMI without a break in between any stations. I think you get 1min to move to the next station and then 1min reading time before entering.
Reply 1237
Original post by Jacqualyn
When is your interview?
I haven't done mine yet, but I have a thorough and trustworthy knowledge that you do all the stations on your own, but there will be actors in the stations for you to role play with, there will usually be at least 2 people in each station to assess you

my interview in on the 15th :frown: (Tomorrow)
Original post by M0123

Are you a Graduate or a School Leaver?
You'll be fine :smile:
Original post by M0123

Big good luck. You'll be great!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending