The Student Room Group

London ‘more Islamic’ than Muslim world – Shia scholar

--
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Telegraph.

:damnmate:
Maybe in certain areas of London but not as a whole
He wants certain Muslim countries to be more accepting of others like London is. It's a fair point, it's a nice compliment for London :yes:

The title's a bit misleading though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
That's because in London he's more free to practise his faith because he's shia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Lol misleading, the article about Warsi wanting to redesign Mosques so they look more British made me lose brain cells. She's a dumb one.
Original post by RivalPlayer

Get used to it. This is our future now
Original post by NickLCFC
Get used to it. This is our future now

Did you even read the article? :lol:
Original post by XMaramena
Telegraph.

:damnmate:

Haha I thought that but it's actually a rather lovely article...

This guy "said he “feels more Islamic” in Britain than other countries because of the freedom to worship and the multicultural mix."

"He said Islam could be summed up as being about “love and justice” but that the “Muslim political leadership” around the world was failing to foster this." ... whereas London is.

This is the kinda thing people should be talking about when they say they're 'proud to be British' imo.

Title could easily be misinterpreted though, and probably will be by quite a few people 🙁
“I feel that London has more Islamic values than many of the Muslim countries put together.
There are many different communities living together in peace and harmony, giving respect to the others and loving others and that is what Islam is all about and unfortunately [much] of the Muslim political leadership has failed to provide that.

I feel more Islamic living here because I can easily practice my faith and give respect to all other members of the community belonging to different faiths and not even belonging to a faith, to anything.
Because that is what Islam is all about, respecting and giving to others if in one line I could say what Islam is all about, it is all about love and justice."

Good point tbh - London gives us freedom to practice our beliefs. Most Islamic countries have restrictions within their laws of what you can and can't do and they may be based on a particular sect of Islam. If not, then it's the people who are judgmental over what they think makes a good Muslim and what doesn't so if you have certain opinions you kind of have to keep them to yourself. In London the people are accepting and you can practice and believe whatever the **** you want without being attacked for it.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Did you even read the article? :lol:

I don't need to read the article to know that Islam is growing exponentially in the UK.
I don't need to read the article to know that Islam is growing exponentially in the UK.

It wasn't about the growth of Islam though??

Oh noooooo :nooo:

Spoiler

Oh noooooo :nooo:

Spoiler

Yeah it's a huge problem. Progress made in the UK will be reversed thanks to Islam.
Original post by khaleesi98
It wasn't about the growth of Islam though??

Yeah I know, I read the article. The Shia scholar's statement looks a lot worse on paper than what he actually meant by it. My comment is still relevant though regardless of what the scholar meant by 'more Islamic'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah it's a huge problem. Progress made in the UK will be reversed thanks to Islam.

It's true, I spend every evening trying to perfect my master plan. The first stage is to eradicate fish and chips shops and replace them with kebab shops :yes: (halal ones :nooo:)
It's true, I spend every evening trying to perfect my master plan. The first stage is to eradicate fish and chips shops and replace them with kebab shops :yes: (halal ones :nooo:)

I knew it!
Original post by RivalPlayer

Let Me show you some facts:

Muslim Population in London: 1,400,000

Muslim World Population: 1,000,000,000

if you actually believe the stupid telegraph and that 1.4 million is greater than 1 billion then your off your rocker mate
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

if you actually believe the stupid telegraph and that 1.4 million is greater than 1 billion then your off your rocker mate

The Shia scholar actually meant London was more Islamic because of the freedom of worship and the different communities living together in peace and harmony.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Did you read the article? It didn't say there was more Muslims, the article was meant to be positive, saying it was more Islamic in the sense that it was more multicultural and accepting, whereas most Islamic countries really only allow the practise of the state version of Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending