The Student Room Group

I'm on my period and I'm having Biology mock exam tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Student403
Actually this brings up the question how do you girls find doing an exam during that time of the month? Is it a lot harder to focus?

Yes, the pain is unbearable. I haven't done anything so far, except reading the textbook. My predicted grades will be based on the mark I get, so it's a crisis.
Original post by maria.x
Yes, the pain is unbearable. I haven't done anything so far, except reading the textbook. My predicted grades will be based on the mark I get, so it's a crisis.

Any chance you could email a teacher?
Original post by Anonymous
awww i think ik who you are :console:--------------OP unfortunately there isn't much you can do apart from take ibuprofen etc. If they are so so bad that you can't do the exam maybe you should go to the doctors as i don't think they are meant to be that painful.if however it is just what most girls get then you are just gonna have to suck it up (i mean the pain not the blood before anyone jokes :colondollar:) and tbh it is good practise because for the real things exam season is spread over like 5 weeks so you are gonna be on at least once during your exams...i was for GCSE and it was fine tbh and at least one girl in the exam hall is gonna be on at any one time so yeah :smile:

:eek: don't out me now - cos I know who you are :colone:
:eek: don't out me now - cos I know who you are :colone:

i would never out you gorgeous :lol:
and yeah thought the ---------- <<< would give it away :lol:
i just remember you saying about the codeine :hugs:
Reply 44
Original post by mkap
haha this thread though :rofl:

lol your not the only girl wait till you have actual exams, or be lucky you don't start your period in an exam.

i have really bad period pains and during 3 of my alevel exams which were in the same week i was in pain during them, but guess what i got over it.

I wouldn't really mind if I was on my second day, but I'm not. And it differs from one person to the other, I cannot 'get over' or deal with the pain. And about my final exams, I will not be bothered about it because I'll be having study leaves in May and I'll be finishing my exams by that time in June.
i would never out you gorgeous :lol:
and yeah thought the ---------- <<< would give it away :lol:
i just remember you saying about the codeine :hugs:

oh right yeah :colondollar:
it certainly did :tongue:

do your work :lol: I'm chilling today :smokin:

... as i do everyday :K:
Reply 46
Original post by Student403
Any chance you could email a teacher?

No, unless I plan on getting my throat chopped off.
Reply 47
Original post by maria.x
I wouldn't really mind if I was on my second day, but I'm not. And it differs from one person to the other, I cannot 'get over' or deal with the pain. And about my final exams, I will not be bothered about it because I'll be having study leaves in May and I'll be finishing my exams by that time in June.

i have really bad pain, when im only for the first three days im in excruciating pain, i get what you mean but at least your preparing for if your on during actual exams juts incase your late or something :h:
How is making a thread going to cure your period pains?:K:
Reply 49
Original post by High Stakes
And why are you complaining? You'll have an advantage when it comes to the menstrual cycle part of the exam.

Personally, I classify this as cheating. Hand yourself in.

We do not have that lesson in our syllabus.
Original post by maria.x

I suggest getting your mum or someone to call in or email them and explain that you're in really bad pain and it could affect your performance in the mock

since it's a mock exam they might cut you some slack
Original post by preetg97

I think its more about getting advise from others on how they deal with the pain :smile:
Original post by maria.x

:wtf:

Why would that happen?
Reply 53

Hahah, I'm not advertising that I'm on my period, sister. It is the first time that I'm getting it before my mocks or real exams. I'm in search for some advice from people who went through this and how they tried to make it better.
Original post by maria.x
Hahah, I'm not advertising that I'm on my period, sister. It is the first time that I'm getting it before my mocks or real exams. I'm in search for some advice from people who went through this and how they tried to make it better.

I had a geography mock exam during my AS two years ago and it was the first time I experienced any real period pain, and it was quite bad. Have you tried taking some painkillers? Grab a hot water bottle and a blanket and try your hardest to revise. It'll probably help to take your mind off it, maybe listen to some music too? And make sure you're drinking a lot
Reply 55
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Well, that's nice to know, OP. I was just about to have some extra chunky salsa.

There's that plan ruined. Thanks.

You did not have to click on this. You dug up your own grave.
I feel sorry for you but lucky it's just the mocks
Original post by maria.x
You did not have to click on this. You dug up your own grave.

I saw the thread title whether or not I clicked on the thread. Do you know how websites work?
Reply 58
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
I saw the thread title whether or not I clicked on the thread. Do you know how websites work?

Well I'm having my own problems, did you expect me feel sympathetic because you lost your appetite?
Reply 59
I had a geography mock exam during my AS two years ago and it was the first time I experienced any real period pain, and it was quite bad. Have you tried taking some painkillers? Grab a hot water bottle and a blanket and try your hardest to revise. It'll probably help to take your mind off it, maybe listen to some music too? And make sure you're drinking a lot

Yes, one pill of Panadol. How much did you end up scoring? Thank you so much, I will try doing that, music makes it worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending