The Student Room Group

If you were a country which one would you be and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
It was never as bad as things have gotten now.

not really. from what I've read it's got better apart from the civil war. bashar al-assad's father hafez (assad the first) was almost as bad as saddam
and even if it "wasn't as bad", is that really a significant fact here? it was still a dictatorship back then and it's still one today
Original post by Ethereal World
I seeeeee. Yeah I guess it could be taken in that way as well. The question wasn't originally about that but flexibility is my middle name and I'm happy to roll with different interpretations because I'm so liberal and noble.

Is that so? :sexface:
This is why I love you strawbs. This is an awesome response. :hugs:

Awww EW ily too :jumphug:
Great idea for a thread by the way! :awesome:
Original post by StrawbAri
Awww EW ily too :jumphug:
Great idea for a thread by the way! :awesome:

Every single one of these threads ends in circles being jerked, in the least sophisticated way imaginable.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Every single one of these threads ends in circles being jerked, in the least sophisticated way imaginable.

:ahee:
Original post by Nameless Ghoul

I'm sorry but she's too hot to not circle jerk
Original post by StrawbAri
I'm sorry but she's too hot to not circle jerk

:blush:

:colondollar:
Would be Britain as to say anywhere else would be kind of untrue as never been anywhere else so can't judge what another country is like. Besides it is an alright fit:
Would be Britain as in some places there is so much going on, the cities really bustle in places like Manchester and Liverpool and ofc London. Most of the time this is the vibrant bustle of life however there is a distinct feeling of stress in cities beneath the surface. Everyone rushing around trying to get stuff done. It can all be a bit overwhelming but then you go to areas that are secluded, rural and remote where you finally have time to yourself to reflect on things and be alone and finally the feelings of the cities are gone. Britain can also be beautiful, beneath the ugly concrete and tarmac on the outside is a really pretty country the people of whom are for the most part friendly. Britain also loves animals for the most part and has some of the most advanced animal welfare laws in the world. Finally tbh without the differences between the North and South i wouldn't be who i am rn (whether that is a good thing or not is debatable :tongue:).
so yeah Britain :redface:
boring af ik compared to some other answers :rofl:

*back to biology revision* :getmecoat*
Reply 148
So I was randomly discussing this with Illiberal Liberal :rip: this morning and I thought it would be interesting to see if the rest of you can compare yourself to a country.

I said I think I'm Japan:
The island represents isolation, some dark history but responsible and peaceful now, quirky, not really sure of my place in the world, innovative and creative.

He apparently thinks I'm Singapore:
Also quirky and island nation but a real success story, coming from nothing and being advanced and rich. Although I'm not rich yet :teehee:

Somalia because I'm Somali from Somalia and I love my country and would love to embody it I would be Somalia
Original post by CoolCavy
Would be Britain as to say anywhere else would be kind of untrue as never been anywhere else so can't judge what another country is like. Besides it is an alright fit:
Would be Britain as in some places there is so much going on, the cities really bustle in places like Manchester and Liverpool and ofc London. Most of the time this is the vibrant bustle of life however there is a distinct feeling of stress in cities beneath the surface. Everyone rushing around trying to get stuff done. It can all be a bit overwhelming but then you go to areas that are secluded, rural and remote where you finally have time to yourself to reflect on things and be alone and finally the feelings of the cities are gone. Britain can also be beautiful, beneath the ugly concrete and tarmac on the outside is a really pretty country the people of whom are for the most part friendly. Britain also loves animals for the most part and has some of the most advanced animal welfare laws in the world. Finally tbh without the differences between the North and South i wouldn't be who i am rn (whether that is a good thing or not is debatable :tongue:).
so yeah Britain :redface:
boring af ik compared to some other answers :rofl:

*back to biology revision* :getmecoat*

That isn't boring af cavy that's an amazingly insightful and reflective response and I love it !! :hugs:
What Y had a number one single with 'the only way is up'?

Lee love dawn. Marriage?
That isn't boring af cavy that's an amazingly insightful and reflective response and I love it !! :hugs:

ty ethereal :redface: loool it isn't really but thank you :hugs:

my emoji failed tho :facepalm:
at the last possible moment :cry2:
I'd be North Korea, just to be controversial. :ahee:
Can somebody explain what circle jerking means?

and I'd pick New Zealand. I don't really know why I just want to be New Zealand okay!
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Trust me on this i am
Irl at least
But behind a phone typing away i am a :cool: person Thug life deal with it

I end up stammering like mad and stutter as well as a lisp and hate phone convos unless i am actually close to you.

:colondollar: Oh my gosh I didn't know your name had real meaning behind it. :h:
Probably South Korea - a country with lots of bragging rights the UK could only ever dream of....... :moon:
Original post by JBLondon
Lee love dawn. Marriage?

Well it's not often you find something romantic AND thrifty...

Also need to reply to ur pm but OMG congrats on med school, which one? 5 year course?!
Original post by sleepysnooze
not really. from what I've read it's got better apart from the civil war. bashar al-assad's father hafez (assad the first) was almost as bad as saddam
and even if it "wasn't as bad", is that really a significant fact here? it was still a dictatorship back then and it's still one today

I'm talking about bashar,not the father himself. Syria wasn't perfect but it was a beautiful,calm place to be before this civil war erupted.
Well it's not often you find something romantic AND thrifty...

Also need to reply to ur pm but OMG congrats on med school, which one? 5 year course?!

I've PM'd you again :P
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:colondollar: Oh my gosh I didn't know your name had real meaning behind it. :h:

:gasp: i thought you would be one of the people who knew :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest