The Student Room Group

A Levels For Dentistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoda123
Yo I took maths, bio, chem and economics and I have an offer for dentistry. Economics is a lot of hard work but I enjoyed the course and it is relevant to everyone

Do you have any clue if it is similar to GCSE Business studies as thats what im currently doing and want to know if there are similarities.
Original post by Ume Hussain
Do you have any clue if it is similar to GCSE Business studies as thats what im currently doing and want to know if there are similarities.

I did GCSE Economics so I don't really know but my friend did GCSE Business and A level economics and he said they were quite different. Economics is regarded as a more academic subject. Economics helped me understand general current affairs and some of our lessons were focused on healthcare in the UK and we had to write essays about this and having that kind of knowledge may actually help you in your interviews.
Original post by yoda123
I did GCSE Economics so I don't really know but my friend did GCSE Business and A level economics and he said they were quite different. Economics is regarded as a more academic subject. Economics helped me understand general current affairs and some of our lessons were focused on healthcare in the UK and we had to write essays about this and having that kind of knowledge may actually help you in your interviews.

Oh okay thank you so much will definitely keep this in mind.
if i were to come out with average GCSES(A IN ENG, B IN MATHS AND 3 A's In the sciences) and got 3 A's in english biology and medicine whould i be able to get on to dentistry
Hi There, WE ARE A DENTISTRY COURSE CALLED DENTSUCCESS RUNNING IN BIRMINGHAM TOWARDS THE END OF AUGUST. WE COVER ASPECTS OF PERSONAL STATEMENTS, INTERVIEW BOTH MMI AND PANEL, DENTISTRY HOT TOPICS, KNOWLEDGE OF DENTISTRY AND MUCH MORE. WE RUN A ONE DAY COURSE FROM 9-5PM FOR A VERY COMPETITIVE RATE. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE LEAVE A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH A FLYER CONTAINING THE FULL DETAILS, COURSE RUN BY A NEWLY QUALIFIED DENTIST. ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK.THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply

Latest