The Student Room Group

Is it possible to learn AS Chemistry over 6 weeks and get an A?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi :smile:

I'm stuck in the same position too @therealdonny
Hoping for an A so that I can accept my uni offer but might lose my mind before actually sitting the exam. what other subjects are you taking?

#yolo
Original post by HAnwar
Learning the content or revision?
I finished the content in just over 2 months. Revision was inconsistent, can't remember much but I think I did 2 hours 4 times a week.

I meant both, cheers
Original post by Manexopi
Yeah, I did a day per unit and got an A. Not amazing UMS aside from unit 2 though so 2 hours a day for six weeks should be more than enough to get 90+UMS.

learning the content or revision?
Original post by shushily
Hi :smile:

I'm stuck in the same position too @therealdonny
Hoping for an A so that I can accept my uni offer but might lose my mind before actually sitting the exam. what other subjects are you taking?

#yolo

loooolll bio maths phy wbu
Reply 44
Original post by therealdonny
loooolll bio maths phy wbu

bio math eng lit
Yeah, I did a day per unit and got an A. Not amazing UMS aside from unit 2 though so 2 hours a day for six weeks should be more than enough to get 90+UMS.

How did you do this? Were your notes already completed? Kinda in the same position as this guy
Original post by ronnydandam
How did you do this? Were your notes already completed? Kinda in the same position as this guy

Me too. I wish I realised when this guy did :frown:
Reply 47

I just did my hw which was mostly exam questions which helped teach me and just listened in class and did the work tbh. The day before the exams, I just focused on the things I really didn't know e.g reagents and conditions and did a bunch of past papers and hoped for the best.

Basically with chemistry, if you understand it, you shouldn't need to do much work. Really high UMS will require studying of the mark scheme and the type of answers they want you to give which is what I did for unit 2.
I just did my hw which was mostly exam questions which helped teach me and just listened in class and did the work tbh. The day before the exams, I just focused on the things I really didn't know e.g reagents and conditions and did a bunch of past papers and hoped for the best.

Basically with chemistry, if you understand it, you shouldn't need to do much work. Really high UMS will require studying of the mark scheme and the type of answers they want you to give which is what I did for unit 2.

thanks
you reckon about 100 hours will be enough to learn the whole syllabus, revise and do past papers?
Reply 49
thanks
you reckon about 100 hours will be enough to learn the whole syllabus, revise and do past papers?

Honestly, it's not about how much you do but how effective it is but yeah, 100 hours should be sufficient. What exam board are you doing? I do AQA and quite frankly, I think the textbook is abit crap and so I recommend chemguide.
Honestly, it's not about how much you do but how effective it is but yeah, 100 hours should be sufficient. What exam board are you doing? I do AQA and quite frankly, I think the textbook is abit crap and so I recommend chemguide.

Cheers. No UMS in the new AS levels so just need an A really. OCR A and thanks I will have a look at that

Quick Reply

Latest