The Student Room Group

How do i understand British humour?

I am on a quest to become more British, but first i need to learn British humour. Any tips?
Original post by HucktheForde
I am on a quest to become more British, but first i need to learn British humour. Any tips?

Run around with a pink toto on in the high street singing to Justin Beiber song called " Baby " then you'll know :wink:
Original post by ckfeister
Run around with a pink toto on in the high street singing to Justin Beiber song called " Baby " then you'll know :wink:

c'mon this thread is serious
Reply 3
you have to at least have lived here for a few years to get it otherwise you just wont
Reply 4
You don't. It's our secret way of mocking the rest of the world.
Original post by shawtyb
you have to at least have lived here for a few years to get it otherwise you just wont

I have but i could not understand some accents, usually northern one, leave alone jokes.
Reply 6
I have but i could not understand some accents, usually northern one, leave alone jokes.

the norths a different race.
seriously, you just wont get it if your not from here
It's a unique, secretly-guarded recipe of sarcasm mixed with 43,000 complaints and a stiff upper-lip. It can't be taught :no:
It's impossible, too lame for me

c'mon this thread is serious

Original post by shawtyb

Original post by JBLondon
You don't. It's our secret way of mocking the rest of the world.

Original post by iEthan
It's a unique, secretly-guarded recipe of sarcasm mixed with 43,000 complaints and a stiff upper-lip. It can't be taught :no:

All of the above! lol....

OP Are you sure you don't understand British humour; after all your display pic is Anjem Choudhary that nut case Isis lover. Surely your joking!

Sarcasm and plenty of it.

Basically, you need to incorporate the word "banter" into your daily life.
Original post by iEthan

Original post by KingKoala
Sarcasm and plenty of it.

Original post by SuperHuman98
Basically, you need to incorporate the word "banter" into your daily life.

These sum it up quite well. The British love sarcasm mixed with complaints and can often insult each other in a joking manner but that's just us brit .
Reply 13
I've never really understood how British humour is different to the RoW? But then again, I only go on holiday for holidays and then don't really interact much with locals
Just jokingly insult your friends, just enough to make them grin extensively and chuckle enjoyably but not too far that they start cracking their knuckles and begin their glare game....if you feel a sudden fist contact on your nose and/or you get knocked out, you went to far:colonhash:. Its trial and error for the early days :biggrin:
Original post by ForestShadow
Just jokingly insult your friends, just enough to make them grin extensively and chuckle enjoyably but not too far that they start cracking their knuckles and begin their glare game....if you feel a sudden fist contact on your nose and/or you get knocked out, you went to far:colonhash:. Its trial and error for the early days :biggrin:

Been there done that. I pissed off some ppl on tsr lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guessing you want to learn british humour so you and your jihadi friends can infiltrate the ranks of british governmemt and establish a caliphate from within the uk government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch Monty Python.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest