The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahmowbray
Wow thanks for replying so quickly :biggrin:
I will definitely try this - especially past papers, your blog has really motivated me to work really hard, I hope you get all a*'s you most definitely deserve it! I'll let you know how my revision goes thanks again! :smile:

Haha no problem, if you ever need anything I'll be happy to help and thanks for your kind words - glad you found it useful :smile:

Do let me know how you get on, I'd love to know :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
MOCK UPDATE AND TARGETSFOR 22nd FEB

So I got all my results back this week, and you can compare them to what are above (although these are only my personal targets and the school just wanted the grade)

Chemistry C1-C3: 73/75

Physics P1-P3: 68/75

Biology B1-B3: 63/75

Maths: 190/200 (from both papers) - (98/100 and 92/100)

English Literature and Language: A Language and A* Literature

Biology B4-B5 + Sect D: 49/60

Chemistry C4-C5 + Sect D: 55/60

Physics P4-P6: 81/85

The green grades mean I did as well or better than I had hoped, the orange means I was close and the red means I want to improve.

From these results, I really want to focus on Physics, English Language and definitely Biology.All the results, except English Language are A* which I am pleased about, but as I said in the OP, I am bothered more about the actual mark, than the grade it turns into.

I know some of the areas for improvement in English Language lie in getting the format of letters correct and more practice should help me get the techniques more accurate, so this is going to be a main focus when I revise English.

Wow, well done on these amazing results! I have to tell you, you set very high targets for yourself, so don't be disappointed that you didn't hit some of them as you still did really really well! I have every confidence that you'll get all A*s on results day as long as you keep up as you have been (which I know you will)

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Haha no problem, if you ever need anything I'll be happy to help and thanks for your kind words - glad you found it useful :smile:

Do let me know how you get on, I'd love to know :smile:

Will do :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Wow, well done on these amazing results! I have to tell you, you set very high targets for yourself, so don't be disappointed that you didn't hit some of them as you still did really really well! I have every confidence that you'll get all A*s on results day as long as you keep up as you have been (which I know you will)

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Aw thankyou! I know I do set them high - and I find it good for motivation (but not stress :biggrin:)

I really hope I get good marks in the real thing so I'll make sure I put the work in from now until the exams :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
explain how the treatment of disease has changed
as a result of increased understanding of the action
of antibiotics and immunity
evaluate the consequences of mutations of bacteria
and viruses in relation to epidemics and pandemics
evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of
being vaccinated against a particular disease.
HELP PLEASE X

Advantages: reduces effect of epidemic/possible cure/less symptoms.
Dis: side affects/ coughing virus case study/people are uneducated and thus are unaware of vaccines.

Strain of bacteria mutates (resistant to bacteria) and thus antibiotics have no effect and thus they undergo binary fission, reproducible multiple times, and thus a new strain of bacteria occurs where no vaccine is active and thus with no vaccine, an pandemic is most vulnerable.
Original post by malaikaxx
Ahaa ik klopt haha, hoe oud ben jij? Ik ben zestien jaar

dezelfde! lol . dat is de reden waarom ik ben op deze pagina : P HAHA
UPDATE FOR 11/03/16
I have revised:

The 6 main topics in P4

Written all my notes for Coasts

Ordered and re-written half of my German Writing coursework

Hi i made an update thread for GCSE students please feel free to be the first one to post there
Original post by Oblivion99
dezelfde! lol . dat is de reden waarom ik ben op deze pagina : P HAHA

Jaa ik ook . ga je nederlands GCSE gedoen of German GCSE? Of allebei?
Hi i made an update thread for GCSE students please feel free to be the first one to post there

I've posted on it :smile:

Let's hope more people post on it too, I think it is a great thread :smile:
Your doing brilliantly keep it up try to fit in a few hours if you can

Thank you :smile:
1. evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of
being vaccinated against a particular disease.

2.explain how the treatment of disease has changed
as a result of increased understanding of the action
of antibiotics and immunity

Need help on these questions anyone :frown:
I've posted on it :smile:

Let's hope more people post on it too, I think it is a great thread :smile:

aw thanks ! Keep going we can do it!!
UPDATE

Today I really want to get on with a great chunk of revision and be as organised as possible so I can really knuckle down. I also really want to revise the remaining bits of Chemistry and Biology, and get ahead with Development, this way, if I have every topic covered, I can genuinely sit down and do past papers to test my knowledge.
Original post by ibte10
Haha, yeah what a coincidence. Anyway, good luck on your paper (;

How did your mocks go? :smile:
Hey,

please go and have a look at my thread because i'd like to help others :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631 :smile: :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey,

please go and have a look at my thread because i'd like to help others :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631 :smile: :smile:

I have been keeping up to date with your thread and it's great - keep it up :smile:
How did your mocks go? :smile:

They went pretty well. I am awaiting my results!
Original post by ibte10
They went pretty well. I am awaiting my results!

Ah that's good - let me know what you get, I'm sure your hard work will pay off :smile:
Ah that's good - let me know what you get, I'm sure your hard work will pay off :smile:

Yeah hopefully! Congratulations on your grades.
I have been keeping up to date with your thread and it's great - keep it up :smile:

Oh Great :smile:
Could you please help me on this question and i am having sooo much trouble :frown:
--- Analyse and evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, and slimming products.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending