The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation

Have any Uni of Nottingham applicants received their accomodation acceptance yet for notts? :smile: If you have, comment below with your halls and what you are studying! Would be nice to maybe know a few people who you may be living with in uni halls...

I've applied for PPE and have been put in Derby hall for a single study plus:smile:

Scroll to see replies

yoyo, studying chem eng and ive got an offer today for an en-suite at Cavendish halls (Uni park campus) but I think It might change to Ancaster, not 100% sure atm
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Daniel9998
yoyo, studying chem eng and ive got an offer today for an en-suite at Cavendish halls (Uni park campus) but I think It might change to Ancaster, not 100% sure atm

I've also got an offer for Cavendish, why are you going to change?
Original post by majesticfrogcity
I've also got an offer for Cavendish, why are you going to change?

No actual reason tbh, Notts said they could randomly put me into another halls so thought why not try my luck for Hugh Stewart
Will be studying Law and got my offer from Broadgate Park (self catered ensuite) today!
Reply 5
I'm in an ensuite plus in Ancaster, going to be doing sociology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Daniel9998

Are you allowed to change what hall you're assigned to if you have accepted the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashh1234
Are you allowed to change what hall you're assigned to if you have accepted the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah dont think so
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I've been allocated an ensuite plus in Ancaster hall and I'm studying sociology and criminology 😀
Reply 9
Can you on apply for accomodation when you have firmed Nottingham?
Reply 10
Yeah it only lets you apply for accommodation if you have firmed them
Reply 11
Original post by Katie_98
Yeah it only lets you apply for accommodation if you have firmed them

Okay thank you, do you find out where you've been given soon after or in the summer?
Reply 12
You should find out a couple of weeks after you send the request, I applied on the 1st March and found out today x
Original post by Lana98
Okay thank you, do you find out where you've been given soon after or in the summer?

Once you have put Notts as your firm you can then choose your preferred accommodation and you have to wait a couple of weeks until they allocate you into halls
Original post by kathryng2305
Will be studying Law and got my offer from Broadgate Park (self catered ensuite) today!

Me too but I'm doing Maths :smile: I don't think we get to find out which block/flat we are in until about a week before we move :frown:
Original post by chloe1911
Me too but I'm doing Maths :smile: I don't think we get to find out which block/flat we are in until about a week before we move :frown:

No I think we find out on the 18th September, with the licence starting on the 25th. But hey, you never know, we might end up sharing a flat or a block?
Reply 16
I plan to do Microbiology on the SB campus and have an offer for Lockington hall (standard).
hey are u guys choosing self catered or catered halls? i chose catered, thought it would be easier, help me eat actual meals and not junk food etc. however my sister said that was a mistake and self catered is better as 5.70 a day isnt much and also limited in terms of choice? what do u guys think?:smile:
Original post by hamamamamama
hey are u guys choosing self catered or catered halls? i chose catered, thought it would be easier, help me eat actual meals and not junk food etc. however my sister said that was a mistake and self catered is better as 5.70 a day isnt much and also limited in terms of choice? what do u guys think?:smile:

I chose catered mainly because I wanted to be on uni park campus as its an amazing looking campus, close to all the lectures and is more sociable. And yeh also not having to think about what to cook is great for me as im pretty lazy, not having to cook breakfast after a night out is gonna be a blessing. Id deffo stick to catered :smile: and I have mates in Nottingham and apparently the food isn't even that bad
Original post by hamamamamama

I went for self catered cause I can be a bit of a picky eater at times, I prefer to eat smaller more frequent meals, I don't eat breakfast and since I'll be at rowing practices early in the morning I'd rather have the flexibility to choose when and what I eat. It just made more logical sense for me than catered when I'd be effectively wasting money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending