The Student Room Group

Help!

Basically, I'm doing the new edexcel spec and in the middle of doing my AS course

I love chemistry and it's a huge passion of mine, however the key points of information do not stick so my answers to test paper as good enough to get me past a D.. I understand most things but it's just remembering them

Anyone got any techniques! All are appreciated thanks!

p.s. I need help with the maths!
Probably best thing to do is remember them
Reply 2
Original post by Squishy®
Probably best thing to do is remember them

Wow what great advice😂 I meant techniques on how to remember them
Original post by robzpotter
Basically, I'm doing the new edexcel spec and in the middle of doing my AS course

I love chemistry and it's a huge passion of mine, however the key points of information do not stick so my answers to test paper as good enough to get me past a D.. I understand most things but it's just remembering them

Anyone got any techniques! All are appreciated thanks!

p.s. I need help with the maths!

list down key points and reasons for why things happen then when it comes to papers you should have the answers ready and remembered.

i can help you with maths if you want
What types of things are you forgetting?
Reply 5
Original post by thefatone
list down key points and reasons for why things happen then when it comes to papers you should have the answers ready and remembered.

i can help you with maths if you want

Thanks I will try that! And how can you help?
Reply 6
Original post by SamuelN98
What types of things are you forgetting?

All sorts really! I no the outline of all the stuff so far but it's the little things!
Thanks I will try that! And how can you help?

depends, if you have problems or don't understand something then i guess if you post it in the maths sections someone will help :biggrin: it might even be me xD
Reply 8
depends, if you have problems or don't understand something then i guess if you post it in the maths sections someone will help :biggrin: it might even be me xD

Well, it's chemistry maths, no math maths!

I know all the equations I need to know but it's the whole putting them into different questions which I do not understand
Well, it's chemistry maths, no math maths!

I know all the equations I need to know but it's the whole putting them into different questions which I do not understand

oh what do you struggle with? anything but energetics which i haven't done yet
Reply 10
oh what do you struggle with? anything but energetics which i haven't done yet

It's all of it! 😂

I know the eqAutions It's applying them I can not do!
It's all of it! 😂

I know the eqAutions It's applying them I can not do!

ok well pick 1 to start of with and we can work from there
Reply 12

I will message u it
Reply 13

image.pngHere is one
I will message u it

ok
image.pngHere is one

so for part a oxidation state of oxygen in that compound is -2 so work out from there what you need to add or take to get to the compounds charge

part b i don't know how to actually do this part :/ you can use mol=mass/mr and N=VxC

Quick Reply

Latest