The Student Room Group

Change of course

Hi :smile:

Do you think if i call Manchester up about changing engineering discipline, would they consider changing me? Or should i wait until results day? I have an AAA BEng offer but think i choosed the wrong course? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GeologyMaths

Do you think if i call Manchester up about changing engineering discipline, would they consider changing me? Or should i wait until results day? I have an AAA BEng offer but think i choosed the wrong course? :smile:

Much better to enquire now than on results day.

Also many engineering courses have a common first year anyway. Which discipline did you apply for, and are considering changing to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeologyMaths

They may consider it, if they have space on the new course. The worst they can say is no, in which case you'll still keep your place on your current course.

It may be more or less complicated depending on which courses you want to change between - Manchester has several different engineering departments.

If they say no now due to lack of space, then at least you'll know, and if the course later comes up unexpectedly in Clearing, you could ask again then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending