The Student Room Group

Attempted attack on Donald Trump

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepyspider
It is evident from your magniloquent language that you are attempting to give others the impression that you are intelligent and worldly; unfortunately, you are failing.

Basically, you're an idiot.

The irony of this is pathetic. My purple prose is almost a literary filter to breed arguments with people that can sustain a prolonged conversation with me. And relative to that, you are failing.
Reply 41
Of course this wasn't an assassination attempt. Just hyperbolic BS by typical Americans.
But it is clear that he IS racist...have you not paid attention to what he has said during the time of his campaign?

I haven't watched every rally he's ever done. Got any examples?
Original post by YourName___
While this does hold some merit, my point was in relation to the unspoken fact that a presidential candidate is the reflective body that represents certain beliefs. A sort of human embodied devils advocate. One who you vote for if you agree with and don't if you disagree. Violence upon a presidential candidate is violence against a belief which is ****ed up.

However violence upon a supporter is emotionally driven, more personal/sociopathic and slightly different in my opinion.

Are you really trying to quantify the relative ****ed upness each situation? One guy got punched, another almost got harmed. One was a supporter, one is a presidential candidate, big whoop.
But it is clear that he IS racist...have you not paid attention to what he has said during the time of his campaign?

Then we have different ideas on what is racism.

Just threw it in there because I dislike social left wingers.

Don't. It significantly undermines your argument.
Original post by Plagioclase
Somebody left wing does something bad therefore the entire left wing is disgusting. Flawless logic.

I should have separated the two as one is clearly my opinion and one clearly an objective analysis. One conclusion was not drawn from the other, however my bad format and grammar perpetually misrepresent what I intend to say.

That's why I'm on tsr... I think.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Just to be clear; are you are encouraging harming a presidential candidate because he disagrees with your views?

Geez he was just making a joke. Chillllll bruhhhhh.
Reply 48
a white attacker?!
Original post by TeeEm
a white attacker?!

Impossible

He was wearing a white mask
Original post by NickLCFC
'Assassination attempt' might be a bit over the top

Right, that's why you put "ASSASSINATION Attempt" in the title in block capitals.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Right, that's why you put "ASSASSINATION Attempt" in the title in block capitals.

Clickbait - what can ya do :dontknow:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Click bait purposes only mate.
Original post by Bobjim12
I commend that protester, he did the right thing in the wrong way.

Why do left wing people always preach hate? ****ing disgusting.
Original post by RonnieRJ
If he wins the election he's going to get assassinated anyway, sooner or later

People said that Obama, and Bush, and every single president for that matter.
Original post by Louisb19
People said that Obama, and Bush, and every single president for that matter.

But do you not think Trump is the most controversial of all? There's much more opposition this time, from around the world
Original post by Mathemagicien
I found it offensive, so I tried to shut the debate down

I would suggest trying to develop a resistance to such insignificant things.

And lol, that quoted sentence is the exact definition of excessive political correctness.
But do you not think Trump is the most controversial of all? There's much more opposition this time, from around the world

I am concerned. Justin Trudeau, Canada's prime minister:

Said, "When people are scared, don't feed in to that fear. Don't dismiss it. Don't mock it. Listen to it, find out its root and address that."

Trump is a fear parasite, not leading people at all. He's simply tapping in to fears that have legitimate basis' and giving voice to an ignored demographic.

If there were any other candidate saying, "This is why people are afraid. Here is what we should do to calm their fears and solve this problem." then there would be no Trump.

Sadly, Trump is a reaction to people ignoring the growing fear of a very large set of constituents.

Trudeau should be the one to run for President. He'd be better than any of the current crop. :wink:

That is a very easy thing to say coming from someone who has only seen one election take place. If you take a look at the policy article on the BBC website, you will see that Trump's policies are actually more moderate than the other two candidates (apart from immigration). I'm am in no way a Trump supporter but I do find it pretty worrying that so many in this thread are advocating an assassination attempt, if you don't want to live in a democratic country where everyone gets a say then leave. How would you feel if people were advocating the assassination of Corbyn (assuming you are a labour supporter)? It's the same thing and if you can't see that then you are not a smart person. Rules don't just apply when you are the one who benefits.

And by the way. There was just as much controversy around Bush and he won (not saying I think this is a good thing) !
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
This says everything about the US doesn't it. If someone doesn't agree with your views, they will try to harm or kill you. People hate this man because they believe he is immoral, racist fascist etc and yet they believe killing him is okay. Left wingers are disgusting.

This.

"This guy is so intolerant, I hate him"
"HAHA someone tried to kill him, shame they failed!"

Absolute vermin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending