The Student Room Group

Is Donald Trump leading a comic book version of a presidential campaign?

Poll

Is he? Choose:

- Says he's going to make Mexico pay to build a wall between them and the US but doesn't elaborate on how he's going to achieve that.

- Says he's going to ban Muslims from coming to the US although there isn't any precise way of telling who's a Muslim & who's not since Muslims aren't a race and virtually a person of any look can be a Muslim.

Some Muslims could lie their way through just to get into the US although that would be off the hook for a Muslim!!!

- Says he's going to deport ~ 11 million people from the US.

- Cut tax by ~ 10 trillion $ without increasing the deficit.

- Make Americans better off because his greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others.
(edited 8 years ago)
I can never take him seriously.
When people let emotions control them they agree to do stupid ****. Trump is feeding off people's fears.

He's a real ****, but a clever ****.
No, he's gonna be the next POTUS, deal with it
Reply 4
When people attack him he becomes stronger. Mitt Romney who thought Trump was 'terrific' but now hates him. What changed? is Mitt Romney being told to attack him by someone lining his pockets?

I really think some of this is to do with 9/11 he is a bit of a truther.

There's even a PressTV article that talks about him being potentially being assassinated for 9/11.

Trump like Sanders has repeatedly spoke out against regime changes in Middle East. This is not want the establishment wants of course, they want someone like Hillary who has helped that.

What an evil cow.

But Trump is an evil bigot for wanting sensible immigration?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Can'tStumpTrump
No, he's gonna be the next POTUS, deal with it

Both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are beating him in nationwide opinion polls. He will not make it to office, and even if he did, he would probably be assassinated or pressured to drop it anyway.
Well the funny thing is, he's still got more of an ethnic minority following than both Sanders and Clinton :biggrin:
So anyone calling him racist will also have to call the minorities racist, but no one apart from white people can be racist, can they?
Original post by Alcohonick
Both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are beating him in nationwide opinion polls. He will not make it to office, and even if he did, he would probably be assassinated or pressured to drop it anyway.

I'm scared of Sanders, but Hillary is a joke
Original post by NetherZoner
Well the funny thing is, he's still got more of an ethnic minority following than both Sanders and Clinton :biggrin:
So anyone calling him racist will also have to call the minorities racist, but no one apart from white people can be racist, can they?

Maybe the fact that he's racist has nothing to do with his own ethnicity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which polls are you referring to?
Reply 10
Trump is the only candidate that understands that campaigns are not won by policy but by persuasion, he keeps his language simple, divides his opponents and aggressively repeats himself. It works. I think his campaign is great.
He will not make it to office, and even if he did, he would probably be assassinated or pressured to drop it anyway.

Everyone said the same about Obama.
Reply 12
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
- Says he's going to make Mexico pay to build a wall between them and the US but doesn't elaborate on how he's going to achieve that.

- Says he's going to ban Muslims from coming to the US although there isn't any precise way of telling who's a Muslim & who's not since Muslims aren't a race and virtually a person of any look can be a Muslim.

Some Muslims could lie their way through just to get into the US although that would be off the hook for a Muslim!!!

- Says he's going to deport ~ 11 million people from the US.

- Cut tax by ~ 10 trillion $ without increasing the deficit.

- Make Americans better off because his greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others.

I'll explain his policy the best I can.

- The wall would be built by Mexico because Mexico relies far more on US economy than vice versa, you can see what America can do to say Cuba with a trade embargo, a very good threat will convince the Mexicans that is far more rewarding to go forward and build it rather than fight.

- Most countries have demographic checks (the UK census) where religion is usually declared, the US government could use this information.

- Deporting 11 million people from the US (who are there illegally) would be difficult but I don't see why this makes him stupid, most of those illegals are from Mexico it would not be difficult to send them back due to proximity.

- I don't understand how cutting tax will increase the deficit? Deficit is caused by government borrowing and spending, cutting tax will lower the deficit significantly.
This is now a Trump comics thread.

Original post by whorace
I'll explain his policy the best I can.

- The wall would be built by Mexico because Mexico relies far more on US economy than vice versa, you can see what America can do to say Cuba with a trade embargo, a very good threat will convince the Mexicans that is far more rewarding to go forward and build it rather than fight.

Except Mexico is considerably larger than Cuba, and the US is considerably less hegemonic in the Americans now than it was during the Cold War. Plus the Cuban case is hardly an example of an embargo working to give the US what it wanted - hence why it is still in place half a century down the line. Furthermore, Trump vastly overestimates both the amounts of money he's estimating he can raise through proposals and the government's ability to enforce them.

For example, he thinks he can raise cash for the wall by blocking payments sent back to Mexico by illegal immigrants. Apart from the fact that this contradicts his policy of deporting them all, he seems unaware that many illegal immigrants already get round this by using bitcoin or other digital currencies, and most others would likely switch over as soon as the policy was implemented.

Also, the wall would be largely pointless anyway - illegal immigration is already declining, and most illegal immigrants in the US enter legally and simply stay when their visas expire, rather than crossing the border illegally.

Most countries have demographic checks (the UK census) where religion is usually declared, the US government could use this information.

What, they're going to do a full individual census check for literally every person entering the US? Besides which, many countries don't take that information for various reasons, and some haven't taken censuses in a long time.

- Deporting 11 million people from the US (who are there illegally) would be difficult but I don't see why this makes him stupid, most of those illegals are from Mexico it would not be difficult to send them back due to proximity.

About 35-40% of them aren't from Mexico. Also, you're talking about removing huge chunks of the population of certain areas. It would have huge and potentially catastrophic economic and social effects.

- I don't understand how cutting tax will increase the deficit? Deficit is caused by government borrowing and spending, cutting tax will lower the deficit significantly.

The deficit is the money spent by the government minus its income. Cutting tax will reduce the income.
Original post by Lime-man
Maybe the fact that he's racist has nothing to do with his own ethnicity

Posted from TSR Mobile

I insinuated as much in my post. The point I'm trying to make is I hear plenty of liberals yell ''racist'' and ''hitler'' in the direction of Trump, but his popularity with ethnic minorities speaks for itself.
I insinuated as much in my post. The point I'm trying to make is I hear plenty of liberals yell ''racist'' and ''hitler'' in the direction of Trump, but his popularity with ethnic minorities speaks for itself.

Maybe people from other races are also racist.

Anyway, guess who's getting laid tonight?
Original post by Lime-man
Maybe people from other races are also racist.

Anyway, guess who's getting laid tonight?

Yes, MOST blacks and Mexicans are racist against blacks and Mexicans :u:
Everyone is racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic these days aren't they?
[video="youtube;vRquPxdHNGE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE[/video]
Yes, MOST blacks and Mexicans are racist against blacks and Mexicans :u:
Everyone is racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic these days aren't they?
[video="youtube;vRquPxdHNGE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE[/video]

Subjectively so, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply