The Student Room Group

Dated a rich kid and I hated it?

So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Am I generalising or has anyone else ever experienced this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Isn't that expected?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So I was introduced by a friend to this guy whose my age and he's in Year 13, like me. He liked me and asked me out on a date. I said yes. We went last week and literally all he could do was talk about this yacht holiday he was going on and how he was going to party 24/7 after exams. He never asked anything about you and I turned down an invitation to another date from him.

I've dated a few rich guys before (I go to private school on a scholarship so there's an abundance of them) and they've all been the same.

Just let the gold diggers pretend to be happy with him.
If you are on scholarship you should be busy studying. Not hoping to go on dates for a rich shag.
Reply 4
Original post by TaintedLight
If you are on scholarship you should be busy studying. Not hoping to go on dates for a rich shag.

The thing is, I study pretty much all the time. I've had offers from great unis and my friend thought I should get on the dating scene.

You are learning a valuable lesson though, of what you dont like and doesnt interest you in a potential bf. Not everyone is that self centered.

She has just as much right to have a social life as anyone else.
Reply 7

Everyone needs some time off studying and having fun once in a while.
lmao ur just pissed cos he didn't give u any money
Original post by TeeEm
Isn't that expected?

Not necessarily.

I know a very very rich kid whose shockingly down to earth. When he was a teenager, while his mates were partying in the summer on yachts, he was teaching kids Maths in countryside schools in China.

At the end of his A levels, he went on a lads holiday but tbh I'd say it was well deserved.
Reply 10

A tad unfair, could have been one date in a number of months. Sounds like you want a rich shag yourself.
Reply 11
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Not necessarily.

I know a very very rich kid whose shockingly down to earth. When he was a teenager, while his mates were partying in the summer on yachts, he was teaching kids Maths in countryside schools in China.

At the end of his A levels, he went on a lads holiday but tbh I'd say it was well deserved.

Well you are describing the famous "I know somebody who knows somebody ...", which I am sure that exist ...
Original post by SAhm95
lmao ur just pissed cos he didn't give u any money

I asked if anyone had experienced the same snobbish attitude when dating a rich kid.

Your immature post doesn't answer the question.
Original post by TeeEm
Well you are describing the famous "I know somebody who knows somebody ...", which I am sure that exist ...

I'm referring to my sister's boyfriend here. So he's pretty close considering his whole family know me :tongue:
Reply 14
I'm referring to my sister's boyfriend here. So he's pretty close considering his whole family know me :tongue:

I am sorry to hear that ... still anecdotal evidence !!
Not necessarily.

#nerdforlife

Well duhh what else can you expect from the stuck up kids with a silver spoon in their arses

Nonsense, you can study and still have a life which can include sex.
Never dated a rich guy but I guess that's kind of what you'd expect :redface:

Tbh unless I'm actually in love with the guy, I'd only date a rich guy to do all the things I could never afford to do :lol:

Otherwise I like my guys to be from the ends
Original post by Fkmylife
#nerdforlife

Rather be a nerd than a brat who constantly relies on Mummy and Daddy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending