The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by swirly
@Rk2k14 new Keanu Reeve's movie 'Exposed' took $150 in its UK opening weekend. :rofl:

yeah you read that figure right. :rofl:

Not surprised tbh, been taking **** films recently.
John Wick was decent.
Knock Knock was lols. Producers be like "We'll pay you millions to have a threesome".
Original post by sr90
You honestly don't know what the base rate of tax is? :lol:

If you're on emergency tax you'll get a big fat cheque in the post in July

Mate I know less than John Snow...

This is my first "proper job" i.e: taxable.
I went from earning nothing significant working nights at a supermarket to earning £39k and getting tax from all over the place. I'm only 21, I don't know these things :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

I went from earning nothing significant working nights at a supermarket to earning £39k and getting tax from all over the place. I'm only 21, I don't know these things :frown:

Original post by swirly

Legit lol'd

But srs, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just go along with whatever's on my payslip....
Original post by Rk2k14
Thoughts on Boyz N the Hood?

Never seen it. Should I?

Original post by Lúcio

Tax is 20% and NI is 12%.

You're a fool if you aren't putting away at least £500 p/m into savings btw. Especially if you live at home.
Reply 565
Original post by sr90
Never seen it. Should I?

You're a fool if you aren't putting away at least £500 p/m into savings btw. Especially if you live at home.

Yeah man. Gives you an insight into growing up in the 'hood'.
Original post by sr90
Never seen it. Should I?

Oh yeah that seems about right :tongue:

Sorry m8. I'm not spending it if that's what you think. I'm off back to uni in September so the majority is to pay for rent when I get a flat and general living costs.

Does that suffice?
Original post by swirly
BEST PLOT TWIST EVER.

x

Nah, that's The Usual Suspects
Reply 568
Tyson beats Lewis in his prime.
Original post by Rk2k14
Tyson beats Lewis in his prime.

Define Tyson's prime ?
Reply 570
Original post by swirly
Define Tyson's prime ?

Self explanatory.
Original post by Rk2k14
Self explanatory.

Not really.

Fought nothing but tomato cans pre indictment, only fighter of note was Mike Spinks, perhaps Berbick.

You can only beat what's out infront of you, but it leaves it hard to measure his legacy.

Tyson was pre made to lose to Lewis' style.
Reply 572
Original post by swirly
Not really.

Fought nothing but tomato cans pre indictment, only fighter of note was Mike Spinks, perhaps Berbick.

You can only beat what's out infront of you, but it leaves it hard to measure his legacy.

Tyson was pre made to lose to Lewis' style.

Destroyed guys who were just as big as Lewis, not as good but damn he was impressive.

Leaping left hook, head movement, speed, precision. Guy was lethal.

Lewis was intelligent, but he got beat by Tyson's sparring partner. Once Tyson got inside it'd be a matter of time. Cant keep Tyson out forever, even with long reach.
KO around the 7th round.
Reply 573
@zKlown
[video="youtube;YWyHZNBz6FE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyHZNBz6FE[/video]
Original post by Rk2k14
Destroyed guys who were just as big as Lewis, not as good but damn he was impressive.

Leaping left hook, head movement, speed, precision. Guy was lethal.

Lewis was intelligent, but he got beat by Tyson's sparring partner. Once Tyson got inside it'd be a matter of time. Cant keep Tyson out forever, even with long reach.
KO around the 7th round.

Tyson tried to prevent Quad studios 1994 :frown:

Pac allegedly got a call from boxer Mike Tyson saying, "Pac, don't hang with Jack, he's bad news." Pac added, "I thought Tyson was being paranoid, so I was like, I'm not going to leave Jack until I see it for myself." But when Agnant had his court case separated, Shakur had a change of heart. "I was angry," he said.Later, Biggie approached Pac and asked, "You still kicking it with Jack?" Shakur replied, "No." "Don't," Wallace told him. "Be careful."Shakur was struck by the fact that two different people with Brooklyn roots-Biggie and Iron Mike warned him about the same man.
stfu about Quad Studios man
Reply 576
Original post by swirly
Tyson tried to prevent Quad studios 1994 :frown:

Pac allegedly got a call from boxer Mike Tyson saying, "Pac, don't hang with Jack, he's bad news." Pac added, "I thought Tyson was being paranoid, so I was like, I'm not going to leave Jack until I see it for myself." But when Agnant had his court case separated, Shakur had a change of heart. "I was angry," he said.Later, Biggie approached Pac and asked, "You still kicking it with Jack?" Shakur replied, "No." "Don't," Wallace told him. "Be careful."Shakur was struck by the fact that two different people with Brooklyn roots-Biggie and Iron Mike warned him about the same man.

Tyson was a sweetheart deep down.
Funny cuz he made most people **** themselves. Loved this...
[video="youtube;R8sE36tLscQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8sE36tLscQ[/video]
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Thoughts on what happened in Quad Studios in 1994?
Reply 578
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Thoughts on what happened in Quad Studies in 1994?
Reply 579
Luke used to be endearing.

Wait, no he didn't

Latest