The Student Room Group

DForen Psy (Forensic Psychology Doctorate) Nottingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi,

I found out i had an interview today for the top up course for monday...pretty short notice!

Any hole with the test/interview would be much appreciated.
Reply 41
help even ooops
Reply 42
Hi,

I have been offered an interview for Thurs 27th. No idea what to expect so any advice on what the interview/written test entails would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 43
Original post by emily54
Hi,

I found out i had an interview today for the top up course for monday...pretty short notice!

Hi Emily - How was your interview?! I bet you're so relieved it's out the way!
Reply 44
Hi -sorry I have only jut seen this!

I found the interview pretty hard, how did yours go? How did you find the test?

Yes I am relieved... Bet you are to!
Reply 45
Hey no worries! Yeah I thought they were both quite difficult - did not expect what was on the test at all! Felt I kinda blagged that! Dya know when we will hear? Forgot to ask at the interview
Reply 46
Original post by amy0790
Hey guys,

I have received an email telling me I have an interview too, but i have applied for the top up doctorate. I was wondering the same thing. I imagine the interview may ask about the research proposal we submitted, maybe about any work experience and just general questions. I have no clue about the test unless its hypothetical scenarios and we have to answer with how we would assess the offender!

Amy

Hi Amy, I just came across your post. I hope you got in the top up doctorate with Nottingham? I was wondering whether you could offer me some insight into what both parts (the 30 minute written test and the 45 minute panel interview) might entail?
Reply 47
Original post by emily54
Hi,

Hi, I just came across your post. I hope you got in the top up doctorate with Nottingham? I was wondering whether you could offer me some insight into what both parts (the 30 minute written test and the 45 minute panel interview) might entail?
Reply 48
Hi all,

I have completed my MSc forensic psychology and I would like to top it up with the 2 year doctorate program, I was wondering if anyone knows of any funding available as it is very pricy.

Many thanks
Reply 49
Original post by Milcah
Hi all,

I have completed my MSc forensic psychology and I would like to top it up with the 2 year doctorate program, I was wondering if anyone knows of any funding available as it is very pricy.

Many thanks

Best bet is looking into career development loans, or if there is the possibility of funding from your workplace.
Reply 50
Thanks for your advice :smile:. In terms of career development loans would that be from the bank? Oh unfortunately I work for a charity so they will not be able to support me financially, I will need to look whether prisons will fund forensic psychology doctorates and I will have to see if there are other agencies and charities that can help me fund it I guess.
How can you apply when you haven't got stage one?
Reply 52
Stage one would be the MSc I have completed that already.
I wasn't talking to you.
Reply 54
Hi Guys,

Wondered if anyone can help me, I would LOVE to go straight onto the three year doctorate after finishing my undergraduate degree. I do lots of volunteering but due to me still currently being an undergraduate i don't have any experience as an AP, is this essential? Did anyone go on to this course straight from uni? If so what experience did ou have?

Thanks
Reply 55
I have an interview coming up for the MSc programme and would really appreciate any feedback about the written test!
Thanks in advance
Reply 56
Original post by Katie6
I have an interview coming up for the MSc programme and would really appreciate any feedback about the written test!
Thanks in advance

Hi. I also have the interview for the MSc. Mine is on Thursday. I have searched everywhere but no one seems to have discussed what the written assessment could be on (not even broadly). I'm still wracking my brain wondering what they could possibly ask!
Still nobody able to hint as to what previous years have involved on the written assessment? I'm working myself up trying to cover as much as possible beforehand, it would be a major help to know what direction I should go for. Thanks!
Reply 58
Hey. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the course? like a reading list? Thanks!
Reply 59
Original post by hauwa1
Hi. I also have the interview for the MSc. Mine is on Thursday. I have searched everywhere but no one seems to have discussed what the written assessment could be on (not even broadly). I'm still wracking my brain wondering what they could possibly ask!

Hi all! I am currently thinking of applying to said exact Msc course at Nottingham for 2017/2018 entry (graduated from undergrad psych last year, using this year to get experience blah blah you know the drill)
Can I ask now you've presumably experienced the interview and/or the written assessment, well, how was it? what did both entail? how daunting etc etc?

any advice/guidance would be massively appreciated!

thanks!

Harriet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending