The Student Room Group

How many past papers do you do a week for AS-level Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philip-flop
That's crazy, what grades did you get for GCSE? Also what revision techniques do you use (I'm curious)? I imagine you naturally have a really good memory!!

I got 8A*s and 2As (the As are from year 10 :|)
And thank you haha I do think I've got a good memory and it does help loads. I just usually read the textbook, then condense the text into bullet points and Put them on my wall. Then I just read off the wall the night before the exam :smile:
0 to 2 depending on my mood. when exam week is approaching i'd do about 5/week.
Original post by RonnieRJ
I got 8A*s and 2As (the As are from year 10 :|)
And thank you haha I do think I've got a good memory and it does help loads. I just usually read the textbook, then condense the text into bullet points and Put them on my wall. Then I just read off the wall the night before the exam :smile:

Oh wow, That's incredible!! I'm having trouble remembering things for AS Biology as there is just so much content!! Any chance you could give me an example of your note taking, like maybe send me a page of your notes? I have a feeling I have too much in my notes, I have almost 80 pages worth :frown:
For my AS exams I did 2 or 3 in a night and would do that every week. When the teachers asked us to do one (once a week) I usually did another 2 on top of that because they only took 30-45 mins to complete and I was already in a mathsy mood, knowing that if I didn't do it then I would never get round to it.

This was actually really good because it meant that I got all the past papers completed really early and then in the run up to exams I did Solomon papers in class, which was really good practise and an amazing confidence booster because I knew that if I could sit those and do well I would have no problems with the exams.

Unfortunately I didn't do that with the S1 module and completely goofed it up getting a low C in it, my C1 & C2 grades took me to an A over all at AS though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just want to know how many past papers people do each week for AS-level Maths.

Didn't do any. Solved 2 c1 gold papers a day before the exam though and attended the c2 mock tests. I did cover the books thoroughly. M1 - only did a few Solomon papers and the book of course.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
For my AS exams I did 2 or 3 in a night and would do that every week. When the teachers asked us to do one (once a week) I usually did another 2 on top of that because they only took 30-45 mins to complete and I was already in a mathsy mood, knowing that if I didn't do it then I would never get round to it.

This was actually really good because it meant that I got all the past papers completed really early and then in the run up to exams I did Solomon papers in class, which was really good practise and an amazing confidence booster because I knew that if I could sit those and do well I would have no problems with the exams.

Unfortunately I didn't do that with the S1 module and completely goofed it up getting a low C in it, my C1 & C2 grades took me to an A over all at AS though.

My God Dannyboy2015!!! it would only take you 30-45 minutes to finish a past paper?? I'm still having trouble squeezing under the hour and a half mark :frown: What are Solomon papers btw and where can I get hold of them?

Original post by thebrahmabull
Didn't do any. Solved 2 c1 gold papers a day before the exam though and attended the c2 mock tests. I did cover the books thoroughly. M1 - only did a few Solomon papers and the book of course.

thebrahmabull, what are gold papers?
My God Dannyboy2015!!! it would only take you 30-45 minutes to finish a past paper?? I'm still having trouble squeezing under the hour and a half mark :frown: What are Solomon papers btw and where can I get hold of them?

thebrahmabull, what are gold papers?

Google gold papers, Solomon papers. Gold papers are a special compilation of past paper questions that most candidates had trouble with. They mimic normal question papers in that they have same no. Of questions and timing is same as original paper. Similarly you have silver and bronze papers which are easier than gold paper.
Oh wow, That's incredible!! I'm having trouble remembering things for AS Biology as there is just so much content!! Any chance you could give me an example of your note taking, like maybe send me a page of your notes? I have a feeling I have too much in my notes, I have almost 80 pages worth :frown:

I haven't started my bio revision so I don't actually currently have any notes to show you. It depend on the person but I just do mine in bullet point, in black ink, no colour, and only note the things I need to know with no extras :smile:
Reply 28

Use Quizlet. When you get on their website, type in the module/topic name and your exam board and there will be a large list of flashcards already made by other users. I would recommend going through some flashcards everyday just to refresh your knowledge. When making notes, try to condense everything and bullet point only the important points.

What exam board are you on? You can find some good detailed notes here and also here. Don't spend too much time making notes, and try to do questions even if you don't understand fully.
Original post by RonnieRJ
I never did any for AS

damn girl
I am dong 2 a day for A2 leading up to exams and did that for AS :colondollar:
Original post by anonwinner
damn girl

What pls
I did none until a before exams then probably I did 1 every few days or so. (not recommended at all, I had no motivation at the time and slacked off way too much)
Reply 33
Original post by poorform
I did none until a before exams then probably I did 1 every few days or so. (not recommended at all, I had no motivation at the time and slacked off way too much)

g7.jpg
Less than I should.
Original post by NeverGrowUp
wow! when did you start revising?

Different times depending when the unit exam was, but I know specifically for eg BIOL1 it was 9th March :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest