The Student Room Group

Trump calls off Chicago rally following violent clashes

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;IO7Ou_bqIo0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7Ou_bqIo0[/video]
Original post by mojojojo101
Trump ENCOURAGED people to be violent to protesters at his rallies, they have duly obliged.

Why are you condemning left wing protesters but not Trump supporters.

Because the Trump supporters are the innocent party in this, it was a Trump rally!

Its like comparing a home owner and a burglar fighting in the home owners house, the burglar should not have been there. the protestors are deliberately antagonising the Trump supporters.

I am a believer in free speech, by all means, if they want to protest near the venue on public property in a legal manner go ahead, but protestors should not apply their desired fascism and stop others from talking by causing a disturbance in / on private property.

If the Trump supporters kept disturbing Sanders rallies I would say the same thing (but they don't, although they may begin to if this continues).
Original post by The_Opinion
Because the Trump supporters are the innocent party in this, it was a Trump rally!

Its like comparing a home owner and a burglar fighting in the home owners house, the burglar should not have been there. the protestors are deliberately antagonising thyoe Trump supporters.

I am a believer in free speech, by all means, if they want to protest near the venue on public property in a legal manner go ahead, but protestors should not apply their desired fascism and stop others from talking by causing a disturbance in / on private property.

If the Trump supporters kept disturbing Sanders rallies I would say the same thing (but they don't, although they may begin to if this continues).

So because some protesters said something they didn't agree with the Trump supporters are within their right to beat them without condemnation?

You then have the temerity to say you believe in free speech.

Pathetic.
So because some protesters said something they didn't agree with the Trump supporters are within their right to beat them without condemnation?

You then have the temerity to say you believe in free speech.

Pathetic.

You defend people who call for the assassination of a presidential candidate.

Pathetic.
Reply 64
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
We have a proud history. :colonhash:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

[video="youtube;GzKv5gjOzTA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzKv5gjOzTA[/video]

:proud:

Spoiler

We are loosing touch to be honest.

Original post by The_Opinion
You defend people who call for the assassination of a presidential candidate.

Pathetic.

I didn't advocate violence against anyone.

You however, did advocate removing peoples free speech.
I didn't advocate violence against anyone.

You however, did advocate removing peoples free speech.

Yes, I advocate the removal of peoples free speech when those same people are attempting to remove the free speech of others on private property.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending