The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because their feet might feel cold... oh wait they don't feel anything in legs? damn good question
Reply 2
fashion
Who says invalids can't be fashionistas?
aesthetic
Hard surfaces?
Reply 6
poor question in bad taste ...
Original post by Bad Faith
It's not like they need them...

Protection from the cold (they do have feeling in their feet), protection from injury when things fall on or knock against their feet, and for aesthetic reasons. There, that didn't take much thinking through, did it?
errm what about rain/snow??? dust?
why do you wear gloves...it's not like you need them
why do blind people like wearing sunglasses? same thing
Why do you wear clothes? :rolleyes:. What a distasteful question to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do blind people have eyeballs?
Made me lol, poor taste though. And there are like a hundred reasons anyway.
Reply 13
Original post by TeeEm
poor question in bad taste ...

I'm genuinely curious.

Original post by Good bloke
Protection from the cold (they do have feeling in their feet), protection from injury when things fall on or knock against their feet, and for aesthetic reasons. There, that didn't take much thinking through, did it?

Do they have feeling in their feet? That would only apply to some surely. The chances of something falling onto their feet only is unlikely. Injury is more likely indoors (which you don't need shoes for). I mean what is going to suddenly knock off someone on a wheelchair?

Original post by sleepysnooze

But why do they? I'm curious.

Original post by Vanny17
Why do you wear clothes? :rolleyes:. What a distasteful question to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that comparable to me wearing clothes?
Reply 14
Obviously everyone had to be melodramatic about it. Only on TSR. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by jamestg

That is not remotely similar to what I asked, now maybe if I had asked why do people in wheelchairs have legs than you could have a point.
Original post by sleepysnooze

Original post by jamestg

well that escalated rather quickly

Do they have feeling in their feet? That would only apply to some surely. The chances of something falling onto their feet only is unlikely. Injury is more likely indoors (which you don't need shoes for). I mean what is going to suddenly knock off someone on a wheelchair?

Critical thinking is not your strong point, is it? Have you never had someone drop something on your foot in the street or school or the office? Do you not think it possible that the wheel chair may be pushed into an obstruction, or struck by a closing door?
That is not remotely similar to what I asked, now maybe if I had asked why do people in wheelchairs have legs than you could have a point.

Lol calm down. It's similar in stupidity.
But why do they? I'm curious.

because they want to look cool. sunglasses bring out that jazzy gangster look.
and with disabled people, they wear shoes because they want their feet to look awesome
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest