The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever had their ex come back and how did it go?

Just curious!

Did you do the dumping or get dumped? How long did it take from the break up to speaking again? Did you use no contact? Did it work out and did things change for the better or worse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me and my bf broke up years ago and after almost a year of no contact whatsoever, we got talking again. I originally dumped him and he mailed me months later after something bad had happened to him. We got talking and quickly realised we still had feelings for each other and met up a few days later. Neither of us had been with anyone else during the break and within about a fortnight, we were a full on couple again and we've been together 7 years now with no breaks or anything like that and have gone from strength to strength. We both grew up a lot during the break and I think that is what helped us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Just curious!

Did you do the dumping or get dumped? How long did it take from the break up to speaking again? Did you use no contact? Did it work out and did things change for the better or worse?

i have no gf ;(
Reply 3
my first boyfriend when i was 14 and in year 10. i dumped him, we got back together then he dumped me then we got back together then i dumped him and we got back together and so on, we was on and off throughout the next three years. rn were not together but were on speaking terms, hes a good friend of mine.
I took my ex back (shouldn't have) after he broke up with me then changed his mind. I broke up with him 1 week later because he'd hurt me to the point where I no longer felt committed to him and didn't want a relationship with him due to his appalling behaviour.
Original post by mkap
my first boyfriend when i was 14 and in year 10. i dumped him, we got back together then he dumped me then we got back together then i dumped him and we got back together and so on, we was on and off throughout the next three years. rn were not together but were on speaking terms, hes a good friend of mine.

Awww your cute :colondollar:
Reply 6
Awww your cute :colondollar:

haha thanks, tell us your story :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not OP :colondollar: but my story is I broke up with my ex 4 years ago and I still miss her to this day :frown:
Reply 8
I'm not OP :colondollar: but my story is I broke up with my ex 4 years ago and I still miss her to this day :frown:

oh sorry i though you was :colondollar: get back with her if you still miss her
Original post by mkap

Lol. It isn't always that easy you know!
Nope never happened to me. I keep crossing paths with one of my ex's though.

There is no point of dwelling on the past. As blunt this may sound, you need to move on and get over it.
Reply 12
Original post by phunky_fresh
Lol. It isn't always that easy you know!

yeah i guess but anon #2 can always try :h:
Original post by mkap
yeah i guess but anon #2 can always try :h:

After four years it's such a force.. Its up to them really. Should really try to move on tbh...
Original post by loveleest
There is no point of dwelling on the past. As blunt this may sound, you need to move on and get over it.

I'm moved on, I've had a few relationships, I've cut contact with her, but she still seems to wriggle her way in to my head every so often (more than often) I can't help it she was perfect

Original post by mkap

I have no clue where in the world she is

SORRY OP I didn't mean to hijack your thread :colondollar:
Reply 15
I dumped him first, then we didn't talk for a month or two and we got back together, then after a while he dumped me and it was a mess
We now don't talk at all ever
Long story short 0/10 would recommend
My ex tried to win me back by sending me nudes :colonhash:

But I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one she was sending them too
Original post by mkap

You should definitely invite us to your guys' 1st, 2nd and 3rd weddings.
Original post by T Stark
I dumped him first, then we didn't talk for a month or two and we got back together, then after a while he dumped me and it was a mess
We now don't talk at all ever
Long story short 0/10 would recommend

Ouch!
Who got back in touch with who?
Reply 19
Ouch!
Who got back in touch with who?

He got back in touch with me
Next time I'll listen to my instinct and not give in 😂

Quick Reply

Latest