The Student Room Group

Late UCAS application for graduate entry LLB law -- how screwed am I?

^

no sugar coating give it to me straight.

Don't know whether to take solace in the fact that it's generally a smaller course (only around 15 people do it usually) or just dash my hopes against the wall and cry in my pillow and munch on my M&Ms till my breath stinks, my teeth feel like they're gonna break apart and I feel ill.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Duncaaaaaan
^

Don't know whether to take solace in the fact that it's generally a smaller course (only around 15 people do it usually) or just dash my hopes against the wall and cry in my pillow and munch on my M&Ms till my breath stinks, my teeth feel like they're gonna break apart and I feel ill.

Contact the uni you're interested in before sending your application. They can tell you if they have spaces or if you're just wasting your time. Some unis will consider late applications and others won't, so nobody here can tell you your chances.
Hi, I had a mate who wanted to change her subject to Law LLB, and she went through ucas extra and sent her application off, they got back to her in 3 days with an offer for her. Ring the uni you want to go to and ask if they have spaces, if they do then send your application and if they don't then try a different university. Also if you are applying late because you want to change subject then you may need to create a new personal statement and then email that to the uni, you're not as screwed as you think so please don;t cry. Better late than never.
Btw I love M&Ms :smile:

Good Luck
Original post by Sana_Akram
Hi, I had a mate who wanted to change her subject to Law LLB, and she went through ucas extra and sent her application off, they got back to her in 3 days with an offer for her. Ring the uni you want to go to and ask if they have spaces, if they do then send your application and if they don't then try a different university. Also if you are applying late because you want to change subject then you may need to create a new personal statement and then email that to the uni, you're not as screwed as you think so please don;t cry. Better late than never.
Btw I love M&Ms :smile:

Good Luck

Original post by Juno
Contact the uni you're interested in before sending your application. They can tell you if they have spaces or if you're just wasting your time. Some unis will consider late applications and others won't, so nobody here can tell you your chances.

Yeah I did ask, all they said was that they are still taking applications. No info on whether or not they are going to give my application equal weighting, which is what really irks me.
Reply 4
Where did you apply?
Original post by Assan
Where did you apply?

Leeds, birmingham, york and edinburgh
Leeds, birmingham, york and edinburgh

Which Birmingham>?
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Which Birmingham>?

University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham

Have u done ur Lnat, girls in my school were rejected because they didnt do it by the 15th Jan, Plus its my firm :PPPPPPPPPP
Yeah I did ask, all they said was that they are still taking applications. No info on whether or not they are going to give my application equal weighting, which is what really irks me.

If they are still taking applications they will still consider yours. Be irked all you like but what's your choice? Not to apply at all? Apply and see what happens.
Have u done ur Lnat, girls in my school were rejected because they didnt do it by the 15th Jan, Plus its my firm :PPPPPPPPPP

No, I thought Birmingham scrapped the LNAT though?

Next year............................ its still on this year ive had to do it
Reply 12

LNAT doesn't apply to graduate entry.
^

You are not screwed at all. Unless you are applying for Oxbridge, most graduate entry LLB law courses are available until the end of June. Although I do know that some universities have filled up their spaces before the end of June, many universities do have spots available. Since they do it on a rolling basis, I would suggest applying soon, so that you will be guaranteed a spot.
Original post by Assan
LNAT doesn't apply to graduate entry.

????????????????????????????? What it is>>>>>>>>>>> They ask for a one for under graduate degree entry>>>>>>>>>
????????????????????????????? What it is>>>>>>>>>>> They ask for a one for under graduate degree entry>>>>>>>>>

I think really competitive unis like Oxbridge, durham etc require you to do the LNAT

It's not about law it's sort of like an IQ test.
Reply 16
[QUOTE=Duncaaaaaan;63434197]I think really competitive unis like Oxbridge, durham etc require you to do the LNAT

"Oxbridge" does not require the LNAT; Oxford does.

Yes, the 3-year LLB does require the LNAT - but the two-year, senior status degree does not.
I think really competitive unis like Oxbridge, durham etc require you to do the LNAT

I know ive done it and got a good score bruh, my firm wanted me to do it so i did it lool
I got an offer from Birmingham but they want me to provide page 4 of my passport to apply for student visa.

wtf?
What nationality are you? If it confuses you, then just contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending