The Student Room Group

second date at her place, didn't make a move

so i just had my second date with a girl i met on tinder

she invited me to hers to play around with some musical instruments (following on from a joke on our first date). After we got bored of that we watched a bit of TV and lay on her bed facing each other chatting. I kissed her before I left and she agreed to meet up again (although the exact date she's available seems to be quite vague at this point).

While this seems like it went ok, I can't help feeling she was trying to set up for us to do something more. She suggested we go into her room to watch something, she closed the door, and her two flatmates were both out of the flat.

Am I just reading too much into this? Should I have made a move? I mean we only just found out each others' last names and added each other on facebook.
Reply 1
Maybe she did, but it's bad if things progress faster than you're comfortable with.

But don't worry about it. I'm sure that something more may happen next time :wink: (assuming there is a next time...)
Reply 2
Original post by Alexion
Maybe she did, but it's bad if things progress faster than you're comfortable with.

But don't worry about it. I'm sure that something more may happen next time :wink: (assuming there is a next time...)

So you don't think I've blown it? Was thinking of inviting her to mine for the next date.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So you don't think I've blown it? Was thinking of inviting her to mine for the next date.

You haven't blown it (in both senses amirite) but yeah, keep going and it'll reach that point at some point soon :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion
You haven't blown it (in both senses amirite) but yeah, keep going and it'll reach that point at some point soon :yep:

Thanks for the reassurance.
Reply 5
Nothing wrong with allowing a bit of sexual tension to grow. Sounds positive though.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Nothing wrong with allowing a bit of sexual tension to grow. Sounds positive though.

Thanks man, you've put my mind at ease. I couldn't help thinking she might be disappointed that I didn't try anything.
Reply 7

Reply 8
haven't seen her this week as we've both been busy, going to text her about next week

surely since i was invited to hers for the second date then me inviting her to mine for the third won't scare her off? Obviously i'm just thinking about the implications of "third date". Was going to suggest i cook something.
haven't seen her this week as we've both been busy, going to text her about next week

surely since i was invited to hers for the second date then me inviting her to mine for the third won't scare her off? Obviously i'm just thinking about the implications of "third date". Was going to suggest i cook something.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea :yep: can't fault that
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
Yeah, sounds like a good idea :yep: can't fault that

Thanks for the reassurance. Just makes me not overthink things knowing someone agrees with me!
She was clearly DTF so she will either think you're a loser or give you another chance.

Don't screw up again.
Original post by Jebedee
She was clearly DTF so she will either think you're a loser or give you another chance.

Don't screw up again.

Well we've still been texting each other over the past week so I doubt she thinks I'm a loser.

It was the second time we had ever met. As far as I'm aware we both want a relationship and not just casual sex, so I think it was better that we at least know each others' last names now. In hindsight there were some signs she wanted to sleep together, but at the time I didn't really feel the "vibe".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending