The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibte10
Yeah hopefully! Congratulations on your grades.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Oh Great :smile:
Could you please help me on this question and i am having sooo much trouble :frown:
--- Analyse and evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, and slimming products.

Oohh Erm, I have never studied this but would it be worth looking at maybe a case study and seeing what they claim compared to what they actually do, or comparing it to another product or non-slimming regime?

I'm sorry I can't really be of much help but if I think of anything I'll let you know and I'll try to do some research for you :smile: if I get time :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
Oohh Erm, I have never studied this but would it be worth looking at maybe a case study and seeing what they claim compared to what they actually do, or comparing it to another product or non-slimming regime?

I'm sorry I can't really be of much help but if I think of anything I'll let you know and I'll try to do some research for you :smile: if I get time :biggrin:

OK Thank you :smile: i have researched some but I cannot get anything :frown:
OK Thank you :smile: i have researched some but I cannot get anything :frown:

What exam board is this?
Original post by ibte10
What exam board is this?

aqa :smile:
aqa :smile:

How much marks is this question? I did my biology last year on AQA exam board.
Original post by ibte10
How much marks is this question? I did my biology last year on AQA exam board.

I dont know it was on the specification :smile:
I dont know it was on the specification :smile:

Do you know if this is on B1,B2 OR B3?
Original post by ibte10
Do you know if this is on B1,B2 OR B3?

B1 :smile: Diets and Exercise :smile: :smile:
B1 :smile: Diets and Exercise :smile: :smile:

That is weird i dont remember learning this. I will see if my can find something for you though.
Original post by ibte10
That is weird i dont remember learning this. I will see if my can find something for you though.

Oh Okay it was on the specification so i thought i might as well know it all because i want an A* :smile:
UPDATE FOR 12/03/16

So, I'll admit that I haven't done as much as I had hoped, and I suppose the club this morning until 12 threw me a bit, but only 1 week left of the 11 weeks :smile:

I have managed to make notes on (hand-written up neat):

Using Plant Oils (Chem)

Osmosis (Bio)

Transport Systems In Plants - Phloem and Xylem (Bio)

Alkali Metals Group 1 (Chem)

History of the Atom (Chem)

Water Purity (Chem)

Testing for Pure Water (Chem)

And I have managed to write up my German in order and neatly, so I can try and learn it for the practice onFirday :biggrin: but it is nearly 4 A4 pages, so it's going to be a tricky one :frown:
I'll certainly try though :smile:

And I printed some more past papers to do in the week if I get chance :smile:
UPDATE FOR 12/03/16
So, I'll admit that I haven't done as much as I had hoped, and I suppose the club this morning until 12 threw me a bit, but only 1 week left of the 11 weeks :smile:

I have managed to make notes on (hand-written up neat):

Using Plant Oils (Chem)

Osmosis (Bio)

Transport Systems In Plants - Phloem and Xylem (Bio)

Alkali Metals Group 1 (Chem)

History of the Atom (Chem)

Water Purity (Chem)

Testing for Pure Water (Chem)

And I have managed to write up my German in order and neatly, so I can try and learn it for the practice onFirday :biggrin: but it is nearly 4 A4 pages, so it's going to be a tricky one :frown:
I'll certainly try though :smile:

And I printed some more past papers to do in the week if I get chance :smile:

WOW Well done, i swear you will get great grades Zoe :smile: Can i ask you that you know when you write up the notes do you memorise them... and wow you do german i did it for a year and now i remember how to say my name :smile: Lol
Ich habe Nisha. Although i do French and i am fluent french because i was born there, i can guarantee an A* ( let me not get my hopes up but i hope i will get an A*) :smile:
WOW Well done, i swear you will get great grades Zoe :smile: Can i ask you that you know when you write up the notes do you memorise them... and wow you do german i did it for a year and now i remember how to say my name :smile: Lol
Ich habe Nisha. Although i do French and i am fluent french because i was born there, i can guarantee an A* ( let me not get my hopes up but i hope i will get an A*) :smile:

Thank you - I hope so. And as for the notes, when I write them up first in scruffy writing I don't necessarily remember them but just get myself used to the content. A thing I forgot to mention was that I do questions from the page I have just written and use these on my flashcards so I can constantly go over them, so I guess that is when I start to memorise it :smile:

You're fluent in French? That's fantastic - I would love to know another language fluently, though I really wish my school offered Mandarin, as that is the one I would like to learn most :biggrin:

(I am sure you will get your A* and good luck with it :smile:)
UPDATE

I really want to look at Electrolysis and bacteria today as well as Development which is definitely going to get covered (no more procrastination :wink:)

I also must start learning my German for the practice on Friday - eek!

Therefore, I will be carefully monitoring how long I spend on my computer and how long I spend wasting time so I can cut back and be more efficient :smile:
Thank you - I hope so. And as for the notes, when I write them up first in scruffy writing I don't necessarily remember them but just get myself used to the content. A thing I forgot to mention was that I do questions from the page I have just written and use these on my flashcards so I can constantly go over them, so I guess that is when I start to memorise it :smile:

You're fluent in French? That's fantastic - I would love to know another language fluently, though I really wish my school offered Mandarin, as that is the one I would like to learn most :biggrin:

(I am sure you will get your A* and good luck with it :smile:)

Hahah Thank you and yes i used to find memorising things very easily but now i feel like i am losing my memory :smile: but i try not to :P
Hahah Thank you and yes i used to find memorising things very easily but now i feel like i am losing my memory :smile: but i try not to :P

I think everyone at GCSE or beyond feels like they are losing their mind and not just their memory :biggrin: haha
I think everyone at GCSE or beyond feels like they are losing their mind and not just their memory :biggrin: haha

LOL x True :smile:
Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hambi123
Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you revise really hard :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending