The Student Room Group

How do you act in a relationship

If one is completely fine with their other half going clubbing and out with friends of opposite gender and being completely norm with them talking to who ever they want, so basically having 0% jealousy.

Do you think this increase the chance of the gf/bf cheating due to the freedom?
Or will you be seen as a pushover and/or not that interested in other half?
Is it a good thing to be 0% needy or is that taking if a bit too far?
Or will the amount of trust and faith you put in your partner be a reminder for them to stay loyal?

But then we have on the other hand, not being overprotective but voicing proffered boundaries. The other half may keep secrets to avoid hurting or causing arguements.

Jealousy is attractive to an extent, but sometimes the other half will take it too far.
Will the other half be less open with what's really going on?
Will this show neediness as your being restrictive etc.
May increase the likelihood of other half doing things behind your back?

What is your relationship like????
Original post by Anonymous
If one is completely fine with their other half going clubbing and out with friends of opposite gender and being completely norm with them talking to who ever they want, so basically having 0% jealousy.

Do you think this increase the chance of the gf/bf cheating due to the freedom?
Or will you be seen as a pushover and/or not that interested in other half?
Is it a good thing to be 0% needy or is that taking if a bit too far?
Or will the amount of trust and faith you put in your partner be a reminder for them to stay loyal?

Depends on the kind of person you're dating. If they are very clearly able to be trusted, then they should have their own boundary's they aren't willing to cross. In that case, you don't need to worry. But if someone has apparent issues with commitment and they take their freedom too far, they are doing so with ulterior motives.

Asking your other half to respect boundary's does not make you needy - that's ridiculous. There are clear rules in a relationship, if someone is uncomfortable with you doing something - you shouldn't do it. Now some people take that too far, but usually it should be a done through mutual retrospection - if the other half would be uncomfortable with you doing something, they shouldn't do that either.
Reply 2
well when im in a relationship, i dont mind if the guy talks to other girls and stuff as long as its not flirting or idc if he hangs around with girls, with me i stop texting/sc boys unless theyre one of my mains, dont want my other half to get the wrong idea. i have trust when im in relationships which is surprising bc of my upbringing :rofl:
Reply 3
Original post by BristolFresher15
Depends on the kind of person you're dating. If they are very clearly able to be trusted, then they should have their own boundary's they aren't willing to cross. In that case, you don't need to worry. But if someone has apparent issues with commitment and they take their freedom too far, they are doing so with ulterior motives.

Asking your other half to respect boundary's does not make you needy - that's ridiculous. There are clear rules in a relationship, if someone is uncomfortable with you doing something - you shouldn't do it. Now some people take that too far, but usually it should be a done through mutual retrospection - if the other half would be uncomfortable with you doing something, they shouldn't do that either.

Your right, it's based on the individual and the values and commitment they show. But their tends to be double standards in most relationships, one half wants to do something and wants the other half to be comfortable with them doing it, but they're not happy with the other doing the same. It can be just an insecurity act

Original post by mkap
well when im in a relationship, i dont mind if the guy talks to other girls and stuff as long as its not flirting or idc if he hangs around with girls, with me i stop texting/sc boys unless theyre one of my mains, dont want my other half to get the wrong idea. i have trust when im in relationships which is surprising bc of my upbringing :rofl:

How would you feel if the guy made new friends whom you've never met and similarly if you made new friends who he's never met what would be an unreasonable reaction from him?
Reply 4
Your right, it's based on the individual and the values and commitment they show. But their tends to be double standards in most relationships, one half wants to do something and wants the other half to be comfortable with them doing it, but they're not happy with the other doing the same. It can be just an insecurity act

How would you feel if the guy made new friends whom you've never met and similarly if you made new friends who he's never met what would be an unreasonable reaction from him?

i wouldnt care haha. an unreasonable reaction would be if he demanded all the time where i was going or who i was with and stuff like that

Jealousy is attractive to an extent, but sometimes the other half will take it too far.
Will the other half be less open with what's really going on?
Will this show neediness as your being restrictive etc.
May increase the likelihood of other half doing things behind your back?

What is your relationship like????

There's nothing remotely attractive about jealousy. It's an ugly, off-putting way to behave. Insecurity is very unappealing.
Reply 6
Original post by insert-username
There's nothing remotely attractive about jealousy. It's an ugly, off-putting way to behave. Insecurity is very unappealing.

I don't mean excessive jealousy, but in terms of someone else flirting or spending too much time with your other half, you will get jealous undoubtedly, and you will want to show that you still desire them and want them to give their attention to you rather than someone else
i don't mind as they come back to me most of the time as i have that power of wealth and my secret handshake club membership to get into vip areas and buy top shelf bottles for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending