The Student Room Group

Returning to study question

Hi there,
I am currently thinking about going back to university in a couple of years,
I had to drop out of uni in 2009 due to being ill. This affected my course
resulted in me failing the second year. I recently was diagnosed with having
autism and severe anxiety, which was not known at the time that I was at
university, and the doctor just put it down to being depressed.
I wondered, whether there was such a thing as restarting? I have spoken
to a couple of medical professionals and they have assured me that their is
ways around it, if you have supporting evidence, which I have.
If someone could enlighten me on this so I know I am not wasting my time,
that would be fab as I would love to major in Fashion.
:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ElleO
Hi there, I am currently thinking about going back to university in a couple of years, I had to drop out of uni in 2009 due to being ill. This affected my course resulted in me failing the second year. I recently was diagnosed with having autism and severe anxiety, which was not known at the time that I was at university, and the doctor just put it down to being depressed. I wondered, whether there was such a thing as restarting? I have spoken to a couple of medical professionals and they have assured me that their is ways around it, if you have supporting evidence, which I have. If someone could enlighten me on this so I know I am not wasting my time, that would be fab as I would love to major in Fashion. :smile:

Did you see a doctor at the time? If so, you can apply for extra funding due to "compelling personal reasons". You would need to show that your illness made it impossible to study, so would need to provide a note from your doctor and any other medical evidence you can get.
Hi ElleO

If you have used 2 years of funding, you would currently be eligible for full funding from year 2 on-wards.
As you have had personal reasons for leaving, you can appeal to get full funding for year 1 of a new course. You would need to write a cover letter explaining your circumstances and provide evidence to back it up.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending